Mixed accomodation. Watch

**CutiePie**
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi, just a quick question.
If you share a house type room but it's in halls; are they mixed gender or do they genrally put girls with girls and boys with boys. Thanks.
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually you are given a chance to say wether you want mixed or single sex, but I believe most accomodation would be mixed
hotgoose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What do you mean a house type room? Anyway, I think they're usually mixed but it depends on the Uni and the specific accommodation, like some might not put girls on the ground floor and stuff like that.
username43584
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually mixed, with separation being the exception.

I assume you mean a halls of residence that is arranged into small flats with several rooms and a central kitchen space.
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Teao the Cat)
Usually you are given a chance to say wether you want mixed or single sex, but I believe most accomodation would be mixed
Not that they listen >=(
I've been put on a single sex floor despite really wanting a mixed floor. Great. Thanks guys.
ChicaBonita
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm assuming mine is mixed
I asked for mixed, and don't think I could stand living solely with girls :no:
Sophie*Lou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm hoping mine is mixed. All I know is my next door neighbour is a girl but hoping there'll be some guys in there too.
happy-and-lost
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's just going to be me and four blokes in my flat. Not sure if I should be looking forward or not!
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Usually its an equal mix.
Sophie*Lou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by happy-and-lost)
It's just going to be me and four blokes in my flat. Not sure if I should be looking forward or not!
You will be the only one even capable of cleaning, whether or not you do it is another matter, and you will never find the loo seat down.
happy-and-lost
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sophie*Lou)
You will be the only one even capable of cleaning, whether or not you do it is another matter, and you will never find the loo seat down.
En-sutie :yep:

One of them's a "mature" student, so I'd hope he's at least capable of taking some cleaning responsibilities!
Sophie*Lou
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by happy-and-lost)
En-sutie :yep:

One of them's a "mature" student, so I'd hope he's at least capable of taking some cleaning responsibilities!
Mature is a very loose term at uni :P
Someone's got to clean the kitchen though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (182)
80.53%
Leave (44)
19.47%

Watched Threads