How often do they eat breakfast?

Watch
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
That's true. I think i would like to make simple breakfasts if any such as cereal like you said or even just a cup of tea with some toast or biscuits
I'd be aware that you will probably need to bring a toaster if you want to make toast, most halls (or even private apartments) won't come with one. You could do fried or grilled bread but that's not as convenient.
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
I'd be aware that you will probably need to bring a toaster if you want to make toast, most halls (or even private apartments) won't come with one. You could do fried or grilled bread but that's not as convenient.
I'll keep that in mind. Although the website says the kitchens do come with toasters. It wouldn't be too much of a problem if they didn't have one since i do have my own that i could bring
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I found in halls that the mornings didn't tend to be very social, we would all go off and do our own thing (lectures, studying etc) and then meet up back at halls later in the afternoon or evening. I had breakfast every day, I always have had. But even when my other flatmates were up at that time I'd choose to take my toast and brew back to my room - because first thing in the morning is absolutely not a social time for me at all!

Honestly, you'll have loads of time to get to know people, don't stress if breakfast isn't your thing (although, at the risk of sounding like your mother, it is the most important meal of the day!)
thagirlhanna
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I found in halls that the mornings didn't tend to be very social, we would all go off and do our own thing (lectures, studying etc) and then meet up back at halls later in the afternoon or evening. I had breakfast every day, I always have had. But even when my other flatmates were up at that time I'd choose to take my toast and brew back to my room - because first thing in the morning is absolutely not a social time for me at all!

Honestly, you'll have loads of time to get to know people, don't stress if breakfast isn't your thing (although, at the risk of sounding like your mother, it is the most important meal of the day!)
I was just thinking people would have more time to have breakfast if their classes were moved online due to the whole covid situation. Although my uni did say that most of the lectures will be done face to face and so I think you're right about people doing off to do their own thing. Thank you for the advice!
CuriousCat567
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Breakfast wasn’t really a social meal in my flat, everyone would do breakfast about 30 minutes before leaving for their lectures and take it back to their room to get ready. I would occasionally run into my flatmates that’s all. Dinner was definitely a more social occasion with usually 3 of us in the kitchen cooking meals at the same time (I was in a flat of 7).
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thagirlhanna)
I was just thinking people would have more time to have breakfast if their classes were moved online due to the whole covid situation. Although my uni did say that most of the lectures will be done face to face and so I think you're right about people doing off to do their own thing. Thank you for the advice!
I mean, you might be right. I didn't go to uni under these circumstances so at the end of the day I don't know. I just found that breakfast was never a sociable experience, and that only really happened later in the day! Even dinner wasn't social as such as everyone ate at their own times, but we would normally do something together at some point in the day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (7)
4.52%
Confident (14)
9.03%
Indifferent (16)
10.32%
Unsure (38)
24.52%
Worried (80)
51.61%

Watched Threads