te6251
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
My loan application for 2016/17 was approved at the time, but the loan was not paid then because the paperwork was not completed. I funded that year by borrowing privately.

SFE then said that to release the funds they needed confirmation that I did in fact attend university in that year. It took some time to determine the form in which they wanted this confirmation, but this was eventually resolved to their satisfaction and they paid the tuition fee loan last year. The university was then able to pay me back the fees I myself had already paid for that year.

However the maintenance loan remains unpaid. I have written to SFE numerous times since the tuition fee loan was paid. On one occasion, I received a response which simply confirmed that I am entitled to receive the funds. Another time, I received a letter requesting my bank details so they could make payment (even though they already had these). I replied to this having completed the form they enclosed. Both letters from SFE appeared to be standard letters.

Apart from this I have received no reply to my letters and no payment. I am not sure how to progress this. Could there be some reason for withholding payment that they are not telling me?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 hours ago
(Original post by te6251)
My loan application for 2016/17 was approved at the time, but the loan was not paid then because the paperwork was not completed. I funded that year by borrowing privately.

SFE then said that to release the funds they needed confirmation that I did in fact attend university in that year. It took some time to determine the form in which they wanted this confirmation, but this was eventually resolved to their satisfaction and they paid the tuition fee loan last year. The university was then able to pay me back the fees I myself had already paid for that year.

However the maintenance loan remains unpaid. I have written to SFE numerous times since the tuition fee loan was paid. On one occasion, I received a response which simply confirmed that I am entitled to receive the funds. Another time, I received a letter requesting my bank details so they could make payment (even though they already had these). I replied to this having completed the form they enclosed. Both letters from SFE appeared to be standard letters.

Apart from this I have received no reply to my letters and no payment. I am not sure how to progress this. Could there be some reason for withholding payment that they are not telling me?
Hi there, I advise you to contact us on Facebook/Twitter with your name and CRN or call us on 0300 100 0607 so we can review your account.
If you have been approved for a Maintenance Loan then it might just be waiting for the university to release it by confirming registration.
Thanks, Isaac
te6251
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 41 minutes ago
Thanks. I will try that but can you clarify something. I spend a long time determining what confirmation SFE needed to release the Tuition Fee Loan and getting the university to provide it in a suitable form. Is the registration confirmation it needs to release the Maintenance Loan different?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 minutes ago
(Original post by te6251)
Thanks. I will try that but can you clarify something. I spend a long time determining what confirmation SFE needed to release the Tuition Fee Loan and getting the university to provide it in a suitable form. Is the registration confirmation it needs to release the Maintenance Loan different?
Confirmation Of Attendance = releases the Tuition Fee Loan
Confirmation Of Registration = releases the Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (182)
33.52%
Receiving them online / by email (270)
49.72%
I still don't know (91)
16.76%

Watched Threads