pppopcorn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Hi, I've decided to buy an ipad rather than the samsung s6 lite tablet for uni but I wanted to get the normal ipad but it only has 32gb of storage. Will this be enough for 3 or 4 years at uni doing maths? I also have a kindle fire to watch netflix and a laptop and obviously my phone so it will mostly be notes which I will back up on google drive. I dont want to spend another 100£ for 128gb because then I would rather get the base ipad air for about the same price. Has anyone used 32gb or does it run out fast?
bluewolf21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by pppopcorn)
Hi, I've decided to buy an ipad rather than the samsung s6 lite tablet for uni but I wanted to get the normal ipad but it only has 32gb of storage. Will this be enough for 3 or 4 years at uni doing maths? I also have a kindle fire to watch netflix and a laptop and obviously my phone so it will mostly be notes which I will back up on google drive. I dont want to spend another 100£ for 128gb because then I would rather get the base ipad air for about the same price. Has anyone used 32gb or does it run out fast?
What will you actually be doing with it? If all you'll be doing with it is taking notes on the cloud, 32GB is probably enough, but again if that's all you'll be doing could you not just get a pen for your kindle, or even just use pen and paper?
pppopcorn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by bluewolf21)
What will you actually be doing with it? If all you'll be doing with it is taking notes on the cloud, 32GB is probably enough, but again if that's all you'll be doing could you not just get a pen for your kindle, or even just use pen and paper?
I have another big tablet to watch netflix and have books on etc. so it's mostly for notes, pdfs, having textbooks, word excel and PowerPoint, and youtube on there etc. I was going to just use paper but I think I will have too much to store doing a maths degree so I'd rather go paperless and my kindle is really old so cant really take notes and doesn't have Microsoft apps like word etc.
bluewolf21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by pppopcorn)
I have another big tablet to watch netflix and have books on etc. so it's mostly for notes, pdfs, having textbooks, word excel and PowerPoint, and youtube on there etc. I was going to just use paper but I think I will have too much to store doing a maths degree so I'd rather go paperless and my kindle is really old so cant really take notes and doesn't have Microsoft apps like word etc.
Fair enough, though at that point I would recommend upgrading the storage as you'll probably find yourself running out of storage a bit quicker on 32GB, and you can't put a microSD card into an iPad like you can on most Android tablets. If I were buying it for myself, I'd get this pen off Amazon for £10 as an intermediary solution(and get the Apple Pencil later) and get the higher end storage configuration if getting both the higher end storage configuration and the Pencil at once wasn't an option, but it depends on your priorities and needs. 32GB will probably suffice, but having the extra storage really doesn't hurt.

Also, for doing office tasks, I would recommend getting a type cover at some point as while they're not as good as laptop keyboards, they are much better than typing on the display. For the iPad, my personal recommendation goes to the Logitech Combo Touch Keyboard as it's a bit cheaper than the folio keyboard, has a trackpad and also has somewhere to put your palms unlike the official Smart keyboard.
Last edited by bluewolf21; 3 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (64)
41.03%
Take autumn exams (54)
34.62%
Look for a job (4)
2.56%
Consider an apprenticeship (4)
2.56%
Take a year out (21)
13.46%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
5.77%

Watched Threads