my parents won't let me talk to boys... AT ALL !!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i was talking to this guy i sit next to in English
My mum found out and said i should never talk to boys again
Joseph Green
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As a boy, I find this ridiculous, could it have something to do with the schools reputation, or what year group you are in. If so, it might be your mum just wanting to protect you from dangerous behaviour
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i was talking to this guy i sit next to in English
My mum found out and said i should never talk to boys again
"found out", how exactly? who in the world would tell her.
anyway, ignore her, what is she going to do anyway
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Joseph Green)
As a boy, I find this ridiculous, could it have something to do with the schools reputation, or what year group you are in. If so, it might be your mum just wanting to protect you from dangerous behaviour
(Original post by Ciel.)
"found out", how exactly? who in the world would tell her.
anyway, ignore her, what is she going to do anyway
I'm 14, and I was sitting next to my mum, and I was texting my friend on insta and she saw his message.
then my mum was saying that in our culture, we shouldn't have boyfriends yet bc we should focus on our studies ... BUT I DON'T EVEN LIKE HIM!!
I was just texting him THAT'S IT !!!
what do I do !!

it's really weird bc in our family, even if you say the word bf it's really awkward
Joseph Green
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm 14, and I was sitting next to my mum, and I was texting my friend on insta and she saw his message.
then my mum was saying that in our culture, we shouldn't have boyfriends yet bc we should focus on our studies ... BUT I DON'T EVEN LIKE HIM!!
what do I do !!

it's really weird bc in our family, even if you say the word bf it's really awkward
Ahhhh good old culture and family beliefs/tradition. Like ciel said I'd just ignore her, it's not like you are going for a boyfriend or anything, you are just friends in English
Anonymous #1
Ahhhh good old culture and family beliefs/tradition. Like ciel said I'd just ignore her, it's not like you are going for a boyfriend or anything, you are just friends in English
i know, but she found out yesterday and lectured me and i promised her i wouldn't talk to him again !!
ugh, sometimes i just want to be at uni !
Joseph Green
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i know, but she found out yesterday and lectured me and i promised her i wouldn't talk to him again !!
ugh, sometimes i just want to be at uni !
Sounds like the start of a romcom hahaha.i don't think uni will be much better imo. I start uni this year but it sounds more intense than secondary school
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what do I do !!

ah it's a cultural issue then. meh i'd just ignore her. it's okay to be friends with boys, don't listen to her. it's okay for you to ignore any aspects of your parent's culture that make you unhappy
xx_clove
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah that's ridiculous, just don't let her find out next time lol.
harleyx123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sounds like the start of a romcom hahaha.i don't think uni will be much better imo. I start uni this year but it sounds more intense than secondary school
aha, ik but I literally have no idea what to do now :/
Oh, and don't worry ab uni, you'll be fine x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (123)
25.15%
Better than expected (101)
20.65%
Worse than expected (265)
54.19%

Watched Threads