The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Full time study at the OU

Has anyone studied full time at the OU? What has your experience been? Is it difficult to study 120 credits a year? I haven’t been in education since secondary school and I’m now 20, what do you advise in regards to preparing myself?
I’m starting the Diploma of Higher Education in Psychology part time and I’ve enrolled onto E102 (Introduction to childhood studies and child psychology). Has anyone done this module? Is it worth choosing? Sorry for so many questions, I just haven’t studied for a long time and I’m sort of panicking! Any advice would be greatly appreciated😀
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Smessam99
Has anyone studied full time at the OU? What has your experience been? Is it difficult to study 120 credits a year? I haven’t been in education since secondary school and I’m now 20, what do you advise in regards to preparing myself?
I’m starting the Diploma of Higher Education in Psychology part time and I’ve enrolled onto E102 (Introduction to childhood studies and child psychology). Has anyone done this module? Is it worth choosing? Sorry for so many questions, I just haven’t studied for a long time and I’m sort of panicking! Any advice would be greatly appreciated😀

I've done a year full time on a different degree, whilst working full time and it's challenging but you can manage it if you stick to the deadlines or try to be a week or 2 ahead it's achievable :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I've done a year full time on a different degree, whilst working full time and it's challenging but you can manage it if you stick to the deadlines or try to be a week or 2 ahead it's achievable :smile:

Hi there,

I apologise for interrupting this thread! I’m looking to do a full time degree with the OU while working full time. Am I able to gain Full time tuition funding? I’m unsure if I am able to get full time tuition, only part-time. Thanks in advance!
Original post by KStaite
Hi there,

I apologise for interrupting this thread! I’m looking to do a full time degree with the OU while working full time. Am I able to gain Full time tuition funding? I’m unsure if I am able to get full time tuition, only part-time. Thanks in advance!

you can get the whole of your tuition covered but you won't get anything for living costs.

Quick Reply

Latest