Will a 6th form accept me for Yr12 as a 17 year old returning back to the UK?

Watch
detroitbcm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I'm a British Citizen. I live in the middle east, I have completed the 9-1 International GCSEs in 6 subjects, 5 of them are within 9-5 grade. I just completed year 12 in International AS in all three sciences, and I did not do well in them as my predicted grades are pretty bad. I could sit the October Resits but I may return to the UK as we cannot afford the schools here due to the circumstances COVID-19 has thrown at us. Since the Syllabus layout for AS/A-level is different to international AS/A-Level, I shall be repeatingYr12 again. Will my story be compelling enough for a 6th form to accept me?

I also want to study medicine, is this a good enough reason for universities to even consider me, as someone that took an extra year in completing his A-Levels?
Joseph Green
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
My 6th form accepted a girl to retake year 12 coming in from another college because she wanted to do further maths, so I'm sure you'll find a college which will be happy to grant your request
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads