Family upsetting me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
In September 2019 I quit my college course just because it wasn’t associated with what I want to do for career and I had the intention on quitting but I tried the course. I stayed at home everyday which I enjoyed and had more freedom. I enjoyed it until my family kept telling me it looks bad me doing nothing when visitors come round seeing me just doing nothing so I started to feel guilty. I started getting down about it my parents found this course at another college in February or March which I got kicked off for a few days after not because I did anything wrong, I don’t know why tbh they were saying I’m vulnerable or something. I was upset about that and a week or 2 later my family were back again complaining and criticising me which was making me down. I was already down about not doing anything and I got my mood back up then my family would put me back down again. What do they expect me to do, I have tried that place but got kicked out plus I have been looking at the first college where I quit and I am probably going to just go in September. It’s lockdown as well and my mum still keeps complaining and it’s making me depressed especially since I’m looking at that course. Are my family going to do this till September or even after. I don’t know what they expect, most courses start in September so I’ll just to wait till then, I can’t just some how start now in August, they have all broken up. It is hurting my feelings when they criticise me as well. I could start a job now but my anxiety is going to stop me, not physically but mentally.

I just am demotivated as well since I got kicked out of that college and I have anxiety so it is kind of restricting me from getting a job and that is probably why I did go straight for something else after quitting the first college. I think my anxiety was one of the reasons I got kicked out because the guy was saying I was so quiet but the reason was because I was very nervous and too scared to talk, I’m a bit insecure about how I speak.
aamy12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you told them that you're planning to start the college course in September? Maybe you could sit down and have a proper conversation with them and just tell them that the way they are treating you right now is upsetting you and although you want to get out of the house and do something, your mental health is preventing you right now. I hope you're okay
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In September 2019 I quit my college course just because it wasn’t associated with what I want to do for career and I had the intention on quitting but I tried the course. I stayed at home everyday which I enjoyed and had more freedom. I enjoyed it until my family kept telling me it looks bad me doing nothing when visitors come round seeing me just doing nothing so I started to feel guilty. I started getting down about it my parents found this course at another college in February or March which I got kicked off for a few days after not because I did anything wrong, I don’t know why tbh they were saying I’m vulnerable or something. I was upset about that and a week or 2 later my family were back again complaining and criticising me which was making me down. I was already down about not doing anything and I got my mood back up then my family would put me back down again. What do they expect me to do, I have tried that place but got kicked out plus I have been looking at the first college where I quit and I am probably going to just go in September. It’s lockdown as well and my mum still keeps complaining and it’s making me depressed especially since I’m looking at that course. Are my family going to do this till September or even after. I don’t know what they expect, most courses start in September so I’ll just to wait till then, I can’t just some how start now in August, they have all broken up. It is hurting my feelings when they criticise me as well. I could start a job now but my anxiety is going to stop me, not physically but mentally.

I just am demotivated as well since I got kicked out of that college and I have anxiety so it is kind of restricting me from getting a job and that is probably why I did go straight for something else after quitting the first college. I think my anxiety was one of the reasons I got kicked out because the guy was saying I was so quiet but the reason was because I was very nervous and too scared to talk, I’m a bit insecure about how I speak.
are you old enough to move out? why didn't you just move out?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
are you old enough to move out? why didn't you just move out?
I’m moving out soon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (207)
39.2%
Take autumn exams (158)
29.92%
Look for a job (19)
3.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
4.17%
Take a year out (90)
17.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
6.06%

Watched Threads