aaaaaaa18
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
I am planning to apply for Maths undergrad at Warwick and Bath in October as my two solid options. I was planning to also apply to Oxford but now Cambridge seems a lot more appealing.Now I am unsure.The only thing putting me off is STEP but like most challenges, it is doable.
Currently, I study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and English Lit (random ik) but I am thinking of dropping Chemistry. I'm in love with the idea of doing 4 but due to timetabling issues I get a lot less time than the typical student doing 4 A Levels alongside my Chem teacher being rubbish (plus I have a part time job which I need). So long story short, should I drop Chemistry because it is by far my most dreaded and least favourite and not necessary. Ik some Cam colleges like a science subject though not a requirement so I'm so unsure
TsRtSr1001
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by aaaaaaa18)
I am planning to apply for Maths undergrad at Warwick and Bath in October as my two solid options. I was planning to also apply to Oxford but now Cambridge seems a lot more appealing.Now I am unsure.The only thing putting me off is STEP but like most challenges, it is doable.
Currently, I study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and English Lit (random ik) but I am thinking of dropping Chemistry. I'm in love with the idea of doing 4 but due to timetabling issues I get a lot less time than the typical student doing 4 A Levels alongside my Chem teacher being rubbish (plus I have a part time job which I need). So long story short, should I drop Chemistry because it is by far my most dreaded and least favourite and not necessary. Ik some Cam colleges like a science subject though not a requirement so I'm so unsure
I’m predicted an A* in chemistry this year (could be lowered to an A or B tho due to standardisation) and I was doing 4, chemistry, biology, maths, and psychology. I dropped psychology and did an EPQ instead, best decision I made. I love chemistry, though I do prefer biology, and had one good teacher and one awful one. This meant that my organic grades were better than my inorganic and took A LOT of time at home reteaching myself to raise my inorganic grades. It doesn’t sound like you have the time to do this with your other 3 subjects (my part time job is very flexible so that wasn’t an issue for me) so I would recommend you drop chemistry. It’s better to have 3 top grades than 4 top/average mix. You could always do an EPQ if you drop one too, do it in something to do with maths and that will boost your application even more. Best of luck!
Last edited by TsRtSr1001; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (193)
33.16%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
50%
I still don't know (98)
16.84%

Watched Threads