Confused on where to go this September :S Watch

Jordan694
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hey,

I'm starting to worry a lot about making the wrong decisions for uni in September but I think I still have time to change if I act now. At first I applied for Law at Brunel and got in, but I'm not sure if I made the right choice. I'm looking at Hertfordshire but according to the league tables it's not very good for law. I wanted to know what universities are good for Law which are near London or at least within simple train journeys from London. I took the international Baccalaureate at got 31 points. I was looking at UEA too, but noticed it's about 3 hours away

I'm so confused!

Other uni's i've considered:
Reading
QMUL
Surrey
Kent
Essex
UEA

Cheers guys,
Jordan
King4eva
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kent is a good uni...Reading is probs your best choice, but doubt most of these unis willl have any places left for law
n_251
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kcl?
little.miss.purple
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jordan694)
Hey,

I'm looking at Hertfordshire but according to the league tables it's not very good for law.

Jordan
Excuse me Herts is a damn good uni....ha ha i wouldn't pay any attention to league tables either they dont mean much there just stuck up...if you want a good time go herts :P

on a more serious note its prob to late to change most places will be filled up and it would cause alot of fuss
Jordan694
Thanks guys,
I realise few places will be available now but ultimately I have changed from Brunel to Hertfordshire and wanted to know if the change wasn't a mistake...
Jordan694
(Original post by n_251)
Kcl?
I don't have nearly enough points to get in to Kings haha
little.miss.purple
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not a mistake
Fetai
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would go to UEA, Norwich is a lovely city
Jordan694
(Original post by Fetai)
I would go to UEA, Norwich is a lovely city
UEA looks like a very nice uni, quite modern too by the looks of the photos on their website Only thing is, it's quite a way from London
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why do you need to be near london?
Jordan694
(Original post by jkyng1)
why do you need to be near london?
Sorry, it's not exactly a need, but I would prefer it. I wanna be able to get home easily if needed
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks guys,
I realise few places will be available now but ultimately I have changed from Brunel to Hertfordshire and wanted to know if the change wasn't a mistake...
If you are hoping to pursue a career as a barrister or as a solicitor in a big City firm, you are going to struggle. It won't be completely impossible, but you're going to have to work very, very hard to even get a look in.
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think QMUL is better.
Jordan694
(Original post by TommehR)
If you are hoping to pursue a career as a barrister or as a solicitor in a big City firm, you are going to struggle. It won't be completely impossible, but you're going to have to work very, very hard to even get a look in.
I realise this the annoying thing is according to UCAS I have enough points to get into any university I want (3 As and a C), would be nice to have Oxbridge, UCL, Kings or LSE on my CV but unfortunately universities don't understand the IB that well.
chalks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, it's not exactly a need, but I would prefer it. I wanna be able to get home easily if needed
I suggest you think carefully about this. Unless there's a pressing need to be close to home (sick family member etc) then you risk damaging your future employment prospects by going to a less well-regarded university for the wrong reasons.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?