Is Exeter as good for law as the likes of Durham, Nottingham, Bristol etc?

Watch
LLBStudent2021
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I'm looking into studying the LLB in 2021, and think having researched thoroughly, Exeter appeals the most.

The campus looks lovely, I like the module choices and the fact there's more optional ones, down South near the beach appeals and it just ticks the most boxes.

However, I'm a bit worried it isn't as reputable as the likes of Durham, Bristol and Nottingham, which I've also looked at. There's no LNAT involved, the offer rate is around 93% or something which is insanely high, and there don't seem as many MC graduates.

So will going to Exeter over Bristol say be a mistake?
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No, it wouldn't be a mistake.

You've used the right thought process, thinking through whether the campus, course and location suits you, which are the factors you should be considering. You want to choose somewhere you'll want to live and have the best experience for 3 years, not opting for somewhere else just because you think it might have a minuscule difference to your career prospects.

Offer rates are high because if you match their grade requirements, they know 93% of people won't accept those offers and will be applying to ones similar to the ones you've listed, so don't need to hand out offers to just 50%. The LNAT is a way to filter applicants, and doesn't have a real bearing on a uni's quality.

LNAT and offer rate are not definitive ways to rule a uni's quality.

If Exeter is your favourite, go there. You'll be exposed to the top firms, a good law society, great course, and no real difference between the 3 you've mentioned.

If you apply yourself while there, there's no reason you can't still reach the top.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (130)
37.14%
Take autumn exams (108)
30.86%
Look for a job (11)
3.14%
Consider an apprenticeship (13)
3.71%
Take a year out (66)
18.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
6.29%

Watched Threads