Going back to education after 6 months off

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm not sure if i can do it. My attention span has severely decreased and i feel like my brain is just mush. This is the longest i've been out of education and i really don't want to go back
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm not sure if i can do it. My attention span has severely decreased and i feel like my brain is just mush. This is the longest i've been out of education and i really don't want to go back
Hey,
I think it’s quite natural at this point to be doubting yourself and worrying about returning. Whilst it might be hard to get back into work when returning to school, you may find that having a set routine and being paced by your teachers will make it easier to concentrate again (especially without all those distractions at home!). I really don’t think you’re alone in feeling this way, but if you really do feel like you’re still struggling when you go back, maybe try talking or writing a letter to your student support or a teacher you feel comfortable with and they can put things in place to help you out. Hope this helps you out
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey,
I think it’s quite natural at this point to be doubting yourself and worrying about returning. Whilst it might be hard to get back into work when returning to school, you may find that having a set routine and being paced by your teachers will make it easier to concentrate again (especially without all those distractions at home!). I really don’t think you’re alone in feeling this way, but if you really do feel like you’re still struggling when you go back, maybe try talking or writing a letter to your student support or a teacher you feel comfortable with and they can put things in place to help you out. Hope this helps you out
Thank you so much
NEET Life
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I feel you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (6)
4.17%
Confident (14)
9.72%
Indifferent (15)
10.42%
Unsure (32)
22.22%
Worried (77)
53.47%

Watched Threads