The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

LUFCsuperstar
no no i applied for both

oh. right. haha so they havent replied to your IR course, but for your gvt course, they put you in the gathered pile? gotcha.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Ah well, with no offers today I guess we're waiting until the middle of January :frown:
Hey I'm new and I have a general question -

Anybody know about the new politics and philosophy program? How difficult is it to get into etc? I guess I should have checked this out before I applied :p:
...just in general I'm an international applicant (USA) so do I actually have a chance? And I've noticed quite a few rejections for that course - probably doesn't bode too well for me eh?

Oh and by the way no gathered pile email - I suppose I will PM all this info to amar eventually
albiesworld
I was checking my mail at 12 today and when I saw a UCAS one, my heart literally skipped a beat
only the confirmation of my oxford rejection though...bleh

same here. rejection from Oxford was a little expected.
makke
However, there is obviously one with an awesomely cruel offer of 43 points. :lolwut: Is this really the usual that they tend to give?!? :eek:

No, that's not the usual case. Typical offer is 38 pts incl. 766 w/ 7 in Maths HL, but there are always exceptions.
makke
Hey guys, I am just wondering if anyone has any experiences what the offers are usually like for someone doing IB and applying for economics L100. I know they say the following in their website: International Baccalaureate: Diploma with 38 points including 7 6 6 at Higher level (with 7 in Mathematics)
However, there is obviously one with an awesomely cruel offer of 43 points. :lolwut: Is this really the usual that they tend to give?!? :eek: Just thinking what do they usually give out, since I am thinking of my firm and insurance choices. (Though admittedly I am rather early and speculating, as I haven't heard anything from them yet. Just would be cool to know where I may be heading next year :cool:)

Well you have just got an LSE offer, which many TSRers would sell their granny for, so don't expect much sympathy. :smile:

Are you doing more than 6 IB subjects then?
What do they want at HL?
Ahhhhh even more waiting!!
El Mariachi

Well atleast you have 4 offers.
Paulwhy
Well atleast you have 4 offers.

I suppose!

Is it me or does there seem to be less offers than usual at this stage?
El Mariachi
I suppose!

Well, I think it is pretty clear you do have 4 offers. :smile:
El Mariachi
Is it me or does there seem to be less offers than usual at this stage?

Well LSE do make a lot of late offers.
Paulwhy
Well, I think it is pretty clear you do have 4 offers. :smile:

Well LSE do make a lot of late offers.

I know, but if I remember correctly (which I probably don't as I was rejected before this time last year), there were more LSE offers before Christmas. This is, of course, based on TSR! I also seem to remember a massive load of offers around mid January too though?
There were a lot more applicants on TSR in the last cycle I think. As far as I remember, there were more regulars on here posting :p:
Reply 3272
I just joined up mainly for this thread and am doing the whole introduce yourself thing that people did like 100 pages ago.
applied to do economics and philosophy
AS:5As (economics, eng lit, his, math, further math)
A2:tongue:redicted As (eco,lit,math,further math,)
GCSE 7A*,2A,D
send off about a month ago
if they don't let me in i'm going to burn that mother down
El Mariachi
tthere were more LSE offers before Christmas.

errm. don't think so. I guess there were more LSE offers after Christmas.
JohnKennedy
I know for a fact that the admissions office closes on the 25 of December and opens on the 5th of Jan. (my friend is applying for law and LSE sent her an email about her application asking her to respond before the office closes...)

Well, on the 17th I received an email (have been in Morocco this week so could not check it before!) from the UG admissions department saying that the office will be closed from 5pm on 23 December and will reopen at 9.15 on 5 January.

They wanted me to send them a transcript of my university results (I am studying aeronautical engineerin in spain). Actually I'm quite excited about this email! At least they are taking my application into real consideration! :smile: But it's a bit weird... what does my thermodynamics or structures calculus marks got to do with my preparation to study management sciences? :s-smilie:
kitsune
Well, on the 17th I received an email (have been in Morocco this week so could not check it before!) from the UG admissions department saying that the office will be closed from 5pm on 23 December and will reopen at 9.15 on 5 January.

They wanted me to send them a transcript of my university results (I am studying aeronautical engineerin in spain). Actually I'm quite excited about this email! At least they are taking my application into real consideration! :smile: But it's a bit weird... what does my thermodynamics or structures calculus marks got to do with my preparation to study management sciences? :s-smilie:

I guess they want to know how high an achiever you are!
Capocrimini
I guess they want to know how high an achiever you are!

well, thank you!!! lol! I hope they look at the business related subjects and not to the maths units (never got more than 60% in any of them!!! :frown: ) or to that half of the units which have been passed in September! lol!
Spanish engineering courses are crazy... how can a 3years + research project degree have an average time in order to finish it of 7years+project?! I wanna go to UK so badly...
kitsune
well, thank you!!! lol! I hope they look at the business related subjects and not to the maths units (never got more than 60% in any of them!!! :frown: ) or to that half of the units which have been passed in September! lol!
Spanish engineering courses are crazy... how can a 3years + research project degree have an average time in order to finish it of 7years+project?! I wanna go to UK so badly...

To be honest I have no clue man - I'm just speculating! I for one, will be holding my thumbs for your receiving an offer though!
El Mariachi

Warwick's season greetings in your sig made me laugh ^^
Capocrimini
To be honest I have no clue man - I'm just speculating! I for one, will be holding my thumbs for your receiving an offer though!

lol! i thought so... but it's nice to be paid a complement from time to time :P

Latest