The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4480
annon1234
I wish 2remain anonymous for my own reasons. All i can simply state to you is that a lot of people on this forum should just calm down a bit. Yes it is the end of the world if you don't get into LSE, but take pleasure knowing you and hundreds of others will share the same sensation.

Whether LSE reply to you tomorrow at 12:00 or at 5pm or not until the end of January or whether they have already rejected you or put your name on a shortlist or decided to review their assessment of your application given further details you have sent them. The end result. The final outcome will not change. Whether you have an acceptance email lieing in an unchecked inbox for a week or whether you check 10 seconds after you recieve the email. The end result will be the same.

So just relax, whatever is coming is coming, your fate was already decided the second your teacher clicked the final send off button. If you wish, compare it to a race; You have either won or lost the race months before race itself: when you were training (or at least meant to be training). The day of the race is simply a formality. No matter how much lucozade or redbull you drink on the day, week or month before it won't make any difference.

The fact that others have been rejected for your course? Who cares? So you haven't been rejected 1st. Knowing that piece of information does not help your cause 1 bit. Knowing that you will receive an email at a certain time on a certain day- most of these 'predicted times' of which seem to be complete nonsense, does not help you 1 bit. Comparing your lower/higher grades or UMS to another does not benefit you. Using all your powers of prediction in placing where you rank amongst others also applying to your course will not help. The end result will be the same. What might benefit you however, is simply and entirely ignoring everything else and putting all this energy into concentrating entirely on ur A-Lvls so you can get 3/4/5+ A-Grades, so if need be, you can reapply with a stronger application next year. That might benefit you.

You really believe in determinism, don't you?

Yeah, i agree with most of your post. Some people really need to calm down a bit.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
annon1234
I wish 2remain anonymous for my own reasons. All i can simply state to you is that a lot of people on this forum should just calm down a bit. Yes it is the end of the world if you don't get into LSE, but take pleasure knowing you and hundreds of others will share the same sensation.

Whether LSE reply to you tomorrow at 12:00 or at 5pm or not until the end of January or whether they have already rejected you or put your name on a shortlist or decided to review their assessment of your application given further details you have sent them. The end result. The final outcome will not change. Whether you have an acceptance email lieing in an unchecked inbox for a week or whether you check 10 seconds after you recieve the email. The end result will be the same.

So just relax, whatever is coming is coming, your fate was already decided the second your teacher clicked the final send off button. If you wish, compare it to a race; You have either won or lost the race months before race itself: when you were training (or at least meant to be training). The day of the race is simply a formality. No matter how much lucozade or redbull you drink on the day, week or month before it won't make any difference.

The fact that others have been rejected for your course? Who cares? So you haven't been rejected 1st. Knowing that piece of information does not help your cause 1 bit. Knowing that you will receive an email at a certain time on a certain day- most of these 'predicted times' of which seem to be complete nonsense, does not help you 1 bit. Comparing your lower/higher grades or UMS to another does not benefit you. Using all your powers of prediction in placing where you rank amongst others also applying to your course will not help. The end result will be the same. What might benefit you however, is simply and entirely ignoring everything else and putting all this energy into concentrating entirely on ur A-Lvls so you can get 3/4/5+ A-Grades, so if need be, you can reapply with a stronger application next year. That might benefit you.

Old news, we've had this conversation already.

Basically, at first, I completey agreed with you. I still agree with you actually, but I don't care...if that makes sense.
Reply 4482
Beef_Eater
Did you want to know the difference between BA and Bsc Economics?

Yeh some 1 told me that ones more got maths than the other, is dat the only difference???
Reply 4483
Good Luck 2mrw People, Hope All Goes Well, Nyt
Reply 4484
amar247
Good Luck 2mrw People, Hope All Goes Well, Nyt

Yeah, gl2u. Although it's possible for offers/rejection to spill-over to Monday/Tuesday.
in relation to the essay of determinism - human nature constitutes speculation and possibility so whilst we know that the decision is pretty much determined it will not stop us contemplating the what ifs? so.....
Reply 4486
I think it is would be healthier for us all to stop speculating about the possible days of offers and rejections and just get on with our lives until we finally receive one :smile: Stressing won't make the final outcome any better or worse...
said the person with an oxford offer lol...had that been a rejection u wouldnt be sitting so pretty
andy22may
said the person with an oxford offer lol...

I was about to post the very same thing! lol! :smile:
annon1234

very good point
Hum... when I wake up, there might be a decision on my ucas track! :biggrin: (I go to bed at 10AM due to work :P) I'm so excited! :smile:
Reply 4491
"time goes by so slowly for those who wait" :biggrin:
annon1234

I needed that. Thank you, whoever you are.
So, I've just finished this time-consuming process. This is only for pure economics. Note that there are still 22+ early applicants waiting for decisions and the list is not exhaustive.

N.B. Crossed out those who are suspicious of authenticity (i.e. those who provided minimal information and/or have not posted on TSR more than six weeks) to make sure the validity of sample.

Please read this carefully: I first would like to apologise for the fact that this list is only for pure economics. However, even if you haven't applied to straight economics course, you can still make use of this list as a yardstick since economics is the most oversubscribed course (i.e. simply there are more samples, which is a crucial factor in making a speculation) at LSE which I believe that it could represent/reflect patterns at other courses as well. I hope this helps.

Remaining early applicants - checked thoroughly

Amar09 (ox applicant)
Pandapple(9/10)
Jong Il Kim (14/10)
Capocrimini (13/10)
Shanny123456 (14/10)
Jonoelgrande (12/10)
kingkanoot (8/10)
crash209 (8/10)
littlemiss-sunshine (7/10)
Jinru (1/10)
Mietekmac (15/10)
Makke (1/10)
econ0403(13/10)
gilash89 (9/10)
DanielJH(13/10)
Oldboy5745 (13/10)
sonyramuni(7/10)
Izoar (cam applicant)
Xenocide (cam applicant)
I_Am_Abbas (cam applicant)
Splee (cam applicant)
kellybaby (cam applicant)

Other early applicants – please update your status

Mopac91 (10/10)
Moogen (10/10)
DragonKiller (7/10)
Potterotter (12/10)
Muhammad Yousuf Naveed (13/10)
naive212 (13/10)
Dave_McDougall (ox applicant)
River Hippo (ox applicant)
Boysenberry (cam applicant)

Acknowledged - Applied after 15th of October

bl3ss3r (18/10)
hideiris (2/12)
cactus_c (2/12)
tommyvillegas (9/1)
JAW4LIFE (2/11)
Mashad1602 (31/10)
kfighter(13/1)
Cnguyen
Sally0203
.ACS.
Steve2006
Berkice

Gathered Pile
Deipnosophist123
Dramaminedreams (6/10) (2/12)

Offer
Ab0408 (28/11) Unconditional
Economist1 (28/11) (A,A,A)
Scaryfairy5 (28/11) (A,A,A)
Mirah (IB) (28/11)
Tahadayem (IB) (28/11) (43 points)

Rejection
Roundabout (25/11)
Tribalium (12/01)
Amerz (10/11)
Econk7 (5/12)
Willis123 (25/11)
Nawz (25/11)
Accessahn (5/12)
J234 (5/12)
SinghIsKing (5/12)
Lili_220 (10/11)
Asimo
updated. I guess today will be the day. fingers crossed.
Reply 4495
Jong Il Kim
updated. I guess today will be the day. fingers crossed.

If you don't mind, I have just joined TSR. Please put me on the list :smile: Oh, good luck btw.
kfighter
If you don't mind, I have just joined TSR. Please put me on the list :smile: Oh, good luck btw.

please provide me details then :smile:
Reply 4497
Jong Il Kim

I have submitted my app on the 13th of Jan to LSE Economics and Econometrics. I am still waiting for offers (of course)
kfighter
I have submitted my app on the 13th of Jan to LSE Economics and Econometrics. I am still waiting for offers (of course)

done :smile: good luck to you as well
Jong Il Kim

and can you please add me to the list too??
applied for economics on the 7th oct
have had an acknowledgement email but nothing else

Latest

Trending

Trending