The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

JohnKennedy
I don't want to be a gloom monger but I think its going to be rejections for early applicants this friday. However, some early applicants will survive and i strongly suspect that they will go on to recieve offer the following week.

With or without shortlist emails?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
cacanene
Stefano, get off the forum you noob.

Yay Winston has joined :biggrin:
I've just been going through my pile of university stuff and I've found notes that I took from the LSE introduction talk at the open day which might help answer a few questions from a bit earlier in this thread... apparently the ratios of applicants to places are roughly 7:1 for economic history, 12:1 for straight economics, 15:1 for law, 17:1 for accounting and finance, 27:1 for management and 30:1 for international relations. They also said that they make three times as many offers as there are places. Hope that helps answer some previous questions.
littlemiss-sunshine
I've just been going through my pile of university stuff and I've found notes that I took from the LSE introduction talk at the open day which might help answer a few questions from a bit earlier in this thread... apparently the ratios of applicants to places are roughly 7:1 for economic history, 12:1 for straight economics, 15:1 for law, 17:1 for accounting and finance, 27:1 for management and 30:1 for international relations. They also said that they make three times as many offers as there are places. Hope that helps answer some previous questions.

wow, accounting and finance is most competitive.
Beef_Eater
wow, accounting and finance is most competitive.

my bad didn't see international relations and management.
coren111
With or without shortlist emails?

Possibly both, but i strongly suspect it will be for those without shortlist emails
Reply 5346
I don't think rejections will come tomorrow but Monday.
gsc7
Hey Stefano :]
Im soo happy about the offers I have but LSE is by far my top choice!
ooooh really thats excellent!! did you go to the cass open day btw?
Well in my personal statement I mentioned a bit of work experience that i did in an accountancy firm. I've done years of work with charities and sports as well e.g. canoeing, gorge walking treks in africa lol so i mentioned all of that.
i was a bit vague in that i just said career in finance, financial sector, i wasn't very specific lol because not all the courses that i have applied for a solely accounting like banking and international finance.
i don't think LSE will mind bout ure P.S if its got you into Cass which was pretty fierce competition i heard it was 8:1 ratio, then i don't see why it wouldn't be ok for them!
XD
i have to say i knew the p.s was gonna be really crucial and mine would have to be pretty good if i was to be considered as i dont have maths so it was the only way i could sort of compensate if you get me! i'm really proud of my p.s i think its the best thing everrrrr, i just hope its good enough!

Biology, Chemistry and Psychology i think is an alright combo i know they regard scientific subjects to be ok, and psychology is 60% theoretical so yeah! and I did get AAB so lets see what happenss eh?

I do remember reading in the LSE admissions, on this separate document on the website that A* is desirable, eventhough it does say A for gcse maths, if you don't have maths at a-level! i do have maths at A* so yup fingers crosseddd!

apologies for the ridiculously long message hehe
x

Haha np
Interesting stuff
Yep I went to the open day. However, I didn't get to see Cass business school.:shifty: Apparently it's significantly prettier than the actual university rofl. But I'm going on another open day for those holding offers

Don't worry about the maths. Unis really fancy science subjects so it should be fine...especially combined with the essay based subject.
8:1 opposed to 20:1 is a tad easier hehe :p:
Btw, why didn't you apply to Warwick?
Stefano46
Haha np
Interesting stuff
Yep I went to the open day. However, I didn't get to see Cass business school.:shifty: Apparently it's significantly prettier than the actual university rofl. But I'm going on another open day for those holding offers

Don't worry about the maths. Unis really fancy science subjects so it should be fine...especially combined with the essay based subject.
8:1 opposed to 20:1 is a tad easier hehe :p:
Btw, why didn't you apply to Warwick?

She doesn't have Maths A Level
It sounds nice to hear that LSE make three times as any offers as places, as a few people on here have said that. It's strange since their standard offer's aren't usually that high (only a handful of courses are AAA), and the majority of people who decline them tend to be Oxbridge offers holders (and it's rare to recieve offers from both).

Still, can't be a bad thing for those of us remaining.
Beef_Eater
He doesn't have Maths A Level

Who doesn't??

If your referring to me, I do ^^
izoar
Ok, ok, I thought this might be interesting for international students.

coool :biggrin:
Stefano46
Who doesn't??

If your referring to me, I do ^^

Well look at my quote, you asked why didn't she apply to Warwick, answer = because she doesn't have maths a level.
Beef_Eater
Well look at my quote, you asked why didn't he apply to Warwick, answer = because he doesn't have maths a level.

gsc7 is female ^^
hence wuttup with the he?
Stefano46
gsc7 is female ^^
hence wuttup with the he?

what are you talking about? I said she..you changed my quote.
Reply 5355
Beef_Eater
what are you talking about? I said she..you changed my quote.

Hahaha. That is so true.
Beef_Eater
what are you talking about? I said she..you changed my
quote.

nah you said 'he' in the 2nd part of your sentence :smile:
facetious
nah you said 'he' in the 2nd part of your sentence :smile:

I'm not being rude but do you know the difference between she and he?
Reply 5358
Let's keep this on-topic, guys.
Vesta
Let's keep this on-topic, guys.

roger that.

Latest