The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

commiserations for rejections today. but offers this friday!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Sorry guys :frown:
El Mariachi
What happened to your Open Day offer :eek: ?

Turned into a rejection :tongue: Got it today; was actually relieved that it wasn't an LSE rejection :eek3:

Hopefully Friday brings good news; alas I say that each week. :woo:
Is LSE left-wing school or a right-wing one? I know for a fact that ALL universities in the UK inevitably fall under those three catagories: 1) a bastion of Labour; 2) a bastion of the Tories; 3) mixed.
illy123
Turned into a rejection :tongue: Got it today; was actually relieved that it wasn't an LSE rejection :eek3:

Hopefully Friday brings good news; alas I say that each week. :woo:

That's so weird, did you like not go to the Open Day or something?
DuggieNumber20
Is LSE left-wing school or a right-wing one? I know for a fact that ALL universities in the UK inevitably fall under those three catagories: 1) a bastion of Labour; 2) a bastion of the Tories; 3) mixed.

Er...goes without saying doesn't it really?
DuggieNumber20
How many applications per year does LSE receive? 12 thousand? How many departments are there in LSE? Let's say 12, which means that every department gets 1000 applications. So out of 1000 applicants per department you've only got a few active members on this thread? I'd say there are only 20 active members on this thread - no more. And where are the rest 980?
So, you see, you will never get the true picture of offers being made or rejections being conveyed, because you don't have at least a representative sample of those who applied.
Out of those 980, five hundred might have already been rejected, and you'd never know, because they don't even know that such a forum exists!

Let me just own you please. TBH you are asking for it. Firstly, why do you assume applications are divided equally amongst departments? (rhetorical question if you didn't realise) secondly, how did you come to decide that 20 is not a valid sample size. There are plenty of statisticians (rather, anyone doing at least S4 level stats that could show some pretty surprising techniques to show that a relatively small sample can prove a fair bit). Also, think about it a bit. I am not interested how everyone is in terms of LSE offers, just the good applicants. The majority on TSR, excluding yourself seem to be very bright and as a result are the real 'competition' Therefore, I don't care about the 500 that have been rejected, I care about the people on here that are likely to have a chance of being accepted.
El Mariachi
Er...goes without saying doesn't it really?

Sorry, Mariachi, what does that supposed to mean? I REALLY have no idea. Is it Labour? Is it Tory? What makes you think so?
DuggieNumber20
Sorry, Mariachi, what does that supposed to mean? I REALLY have no idea. Is it Labour? Is it Tory? What makes you think so?

I was referring to your comment about unis being Tory, Labour or mixed. It's pointing the obvious out a bit isn't it?
Rejection - Gathered Pile for Anth and Law
DuggieNumber20

Lol. He means that you could split any individual or instituions views into Labour, Comservative or mixed. Although, Labour and Conservative now are very close and I think you mean: are the LSE left, right or centre?
dramaminedreams
Let me just own you please. TBH you are asking for it. Firstly, why do you assume applications are divided equally amongst departments? (rhetorical question if you didn't realise) secondly, how did you come to decide that 20 is not a valid sample size. There are plenty of statisticians (rather, anyone doing at least S4 level stats that could show some pretty surprising techniques to show that a relatively small sample can prove a fair bit). Also, think about it a bit. I am not interested how everyone is in terms of LSE offers, just the good applicants. The majority on TSR, excluding yourself seem to be very bright and as a result are the real 'competition' Therefore, I don't care about the 500 that have been rejected, I care about the people on here that are likely to have a chance of being accepted.

LOL. That's only YOUR subjective opinion. It's up to me to either rule it as a valid, or an invalid one. And guess what....I think you're in the wrong. Besides, the fact that you don't know ANYTHING about English gramar just shows what a bright person YOU ARE. Your sentence should have read:

"The majority on TSR, excluding yourself, (COMMA !!!) seem to be very bright /../". You see? :wink:
I don't think you stand the chance of being admitted to the school if you ever applied to it. They don't need people who don't know how to spell or where to put a comma.
DuggieNumber20
Besides, the fact that you don't know ANYTHING about English gramar just shows what a bright person YOU ARE. Your sentence should have read:

"The majority on TSR, excluding yourself, (COMMA !!!) seem to be very bright /../". You see? :wink:
I don't think you stand the chance of being admitted to the school if you ever applied to it.

They don't need people who don't know how to spell or where to put a comma.

I'm sorry, I just found that quite amusing and rather ironic. :tongue:
Roundabout

it's like rain on your wedding day

a free ride, when you've already paid...
Roundabout

I'm glad you did :smile: My grandma always used to tell me 'never trust a man who doesn't know where to put a comma'. She was right :woo: So now, when I find a new man in my life, he has to pass an oral, as well as a written exam :smile: The written exam consists of a 1500 words' essay with no commas in it. Most of them fail:yep:
Mustang Sally
it's like rain on your wedding day

a free ride, when you've already paid...

Ironically thats not irony

:rolleyes:
DuggieNumber20
LOL. That's only YOUR subjective opinion. It's up to me to either rule it as a valid, or an invalid one. And guess what....I think you're in the wrong. Besides, the fact that you don't know ANYTHING about English gramar just shows what a bright person YOU ARE. Your sentence should have read:

I don't think you stand the chance of being admitted to the school if you ever applied to it. They don't need people who don't know how to spell or where to put a comma.

To be fair, the subject of discussion is on maths/stats rather than english.
yodude888
Ironically thats not irony

:rolleyes:

No, just misfortune, but this is the closest I'll get to a time and a place to quote it, so meh...
El Mariachi
To be fair, the subject of discussion is on maths/stats rather than english.

No. It's so easy to divert (or be diverted) from the subject, isn't it? Let's just stick to the purpose of this thread, namely: have you been OFFERED a place, or REJECTED.

So let's call it a day....till tomorrow? (maybe tomorrow I can bring you some gossip from my very-educated-mother who works for the School, even though I've been admitted by UCL).
DuggieNumber20
I'm glad you did :smile: My grandma always used to tell me 'never trust a man who doesn't know where to put a comma'. She was right :woo: So now, when I find a new man in my life, he has to pass an oral, as well as a written exam :smile: The written exam consists of a 1500 words' essay with no commas in it. Most of them fail:yep:

Lol, who are you? Pork_Eater?

Latest

Trending

Trending