The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

its ok, not brilliant. im waiting for lse. oh and warwick but just concerned about lse. i have an offer from ucl sees but the course is randommm. the wait is torture. it looked like the econ hist dept had been pretty quite up until tuesday so maybe ill hear something on fri...but this is lse....so who knows. !
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I haven't even received an akn. letter/ email and I sent off in December, is that normal?
Reply 7202
Ladyviolet
I haven't even received an akn. letter/ email and I sent off in December, is that normal?

Yeah it happens, same thing with me, so i called them last week to confirm they recieved it, and they told me often some people dont get ack's ..no need to worry
Reply 7203
Ladyviolet

Yeah some other people are in the same situation as you.
Marcx89
Yeah some other people are in the same situation as you.

Ok thank you both!!
Reply 7205
1 Economic Historian

Best of luck mate...your PS was clearly better than mine then i guess

Reply 7206
Ladyviolet

I don't know if anyone that hasn't recieved one, so I find that pretty weird.

But that happened with me when I applied for Bristol. So what I did was that I sent an e-mail to Bristol asking if they had recieved my application and they replied me saying yes. =)

So although some people apparently don't recieve it, perhaps it's better to check?
Is York totaly **** compared to LSE? coz i feel like a complete ******* failure rite now in every single way and i feel like itd be a total waste of ******* time going to york. maybe im jst depressed. lol i sound like a loser.
Every time I check this thread I tell myself it can't get any worse, yet I am consistently disappointed.
If the majority of posters here reflect the calibre of your average LSE student, I think I'll be rejecting any prospective offers...

The idea of spending three years with most of you is unfathomable.
ninety_nine
Hello Hello.

Are you IB or A-level btw?

Neither, but I shall not divulge any further information. :ninja:

I am post-qualification though, and was rejected from gathered pile Anth and Law .
Reply 7210
Cowtipper
Every time I check this thread I tell myself it can't get any worse, yet I am consistently disappointed.
If the majority of posters here reflect the calibre of your average LSE student, I think I'll be rejecting any prospective offers...

Emperical evidence shows that most of the speculator won't get offers.

Anyways, you're overgeneralising.
sjyip
I don't know if anyone that hasn't recieved one, so I find that pretty weird.

But that happened with me when I applied for Bristol. So what I did was that I sent an e-mail to Bristol asking if they had recieved my application and they replied me saying yes. =)

So although some people apparently don't recieve it, perhaps it's better to check?

You worried me so I checked, I've just sent them an email.Cheers.
Cowtipper

Not wrong.
Reply 7213
hmmm tomorrow = good decision day?

I have been here for quite long now... but yea Yodude, Amar are still here. any other early's left?
i sent my application for Actuarial Science in october and have not recieved a gathered pile email - and am still waiting. its alright LSE - as long as an offer comes my way soon!
What time will decisions come out tomorrow?

is it mostly at 12 and some at 5 or

just at 12 only

?? Whats the pattern been like lately?
Reply 7216
I sure hope lots of decisions are made tomorrow - I want the waiting to finish once and forever!
I doubt there will be alot of decisions. Last year they worked all the way up to the deadline. So im not expecting any offers for me at least tomorrow, especially as im gathered pile lol.
Reply 7218
Hi, LSE just answered me : My application was unsuccessful because "my personal statement did not convince the admissions Tutor that I am completely committed to the study of Law".
That is strange, because I got 15 on my LNAT (very low in my opinion) but KCL offered me a place so I tought it was due in particular to my personal statement.
Every school has it own point of view But I am happy that they answered me so fastly!
El Mariachi
I have, I think they're quite similar but I've heared UCL is more social than LSE.

Did you apply for Maths with Econ at UCL? I got an offer from UCL and LSE, but picked LSE - LSE's course looks loads better than UCL's. Also, UCL's is pretty much all maths a handful of economics modules IIRC!

No I applied for straight econ at UCL for the reasons you've just said. tbh I don't want to do a course which is more biased to maths than econ and I knew that at UCL you could pick up loads of maths modules if you wanted even if you were doing a straight econ degree.
Still not sure if I will put LSE or Nottingham as my 1st choice. Both have pros and cons.

Latest

Trending

Trending