The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

hustla7
yes, i have an offer from UCL and Cambridge for straight econ...i have one friend who's in the same situation...still waitin for LSE though :s-smilie: when they gonna tell us :angry:

if you got LSE which uni will be taken????
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 7701
tashminda
I got 22, which I was very happy about considering I only ended up with a B in Crit Thinking, what did you get? And yeah, that is how they work out the average.

Yeah it is just a more detailed version of Crit Thinking with slightly more technical vocabulary and I think it requires more analysis as well, the answers are nowhere near as obvious as they were for the CT equivalent.

We do indeed, heard someone got an offer early January for Law but since then...nothing.

I got 21. Lol. And an A for crit. thinking. :P

early january sounds way too far in the past now. Hmm.. God luck for your application. :smile:
Reply 7702
I meant good luck. xD
Beef_Eater
Hold up.

Just because a uni has a good general rep, does not give it the right to be the best at a specific subject. I mean BBB was the offer from LSE.

Well warwick gave me bbc, so are you saying that means they're no good as the offer is low?!

x
hiya guys,

I'll be goin to LSE, fall '09. I am an international student and looking to take private acco. However, I am not too sure on which areas to look in. I've been checking sites like gumtree and craiglist. I have one very important condition, I should live within 15 mins walking distance to school and the locality should be safe.

Could you suggest some locations I should be searching for?

Thnx a bunch :smile:
Reply 7705
2strong
Congratz, mind if we ask what your grade credentials are? GCSE's/AS module scores/AEA's etc etc?

10A*'s, 2A's
AS - Maths (A) F maths(A) Chem (A) Eco(A) French (C)
I'm taking AEA in Chem in the summer
From what I've seen most, if not all, L101 offer-holders have FM. Anyone with an offer not have Further Maths? Afaik the typical offer is AAA+pass in FM which I didn't do as my school doesn't offer it, what are the chances without it?
Reply 7707
Oldboy5745
From what I've seen most, if not all, L101 offer-holders have FM. Anyone with an offer not have Further Maths? Afaik the typical offer is AAA+pass in FM which I didn't do as my school doesn't offer it, what are the chances without it?

if your school doesn't offer a FM then it shouln't be a problem but does LSE know about this (ie reference )?
pavithra816
hiya guys,

I'll be goin to LSE, fall '09. I am an international student and looking to take private acco. However, I am not too sure on which areas to look in. I've been checking sites like gumtree and craiglist. I have one very important condition, I should live within 15 mins walking distance to school and the locality should be safe.

Could you suggest some locations I should be searching for?

Thnx a bunch :smile:

Good luck with that!
I think you may have some trouble.
izzy1
if your school doesn't offer a FM then it shouln't be a problem but does LSE know about this (ie reference )?

Yea it was mentioned in my reference but nevertheless, I'm worried that the majority of successful applicants have it :frown:
I do not appear to have a "Gathered Field" e-mail so far. Does this mean that I'm about to be rejected or that that they didn't send them out for Government and History applicents?

Sorry for the bother!
Lord Roem
I do not appear to have a "Gathered Field" e-mail so far. Does this mean that I'm about to be rejected or that that they didn't send them out for Government and History applicents?

Sorry for the bother! :

Don't worry, being in the gathered field ain't all that.
Reply 7712
Ok so basically... i've applied to LSE for law (2009 entry) - i applied september and im still waiting for a reply... so 5 months... and still nothing

I think i got a "gathered field" email because it said that they were still considering my application and would let me know by the end of march... is that basically what everyone else in the gathered field got?

also applied to: KCL, QM, UCL with an offer from the first two and a rejection from UCL where the reason was simply "too much competition"
Lord Roem

Sorry for the bother!

Did you apply quite late?
They tend to stick very early applicants who are good but not outstanding in the gathered pile, for comparison against later applicants.
Reply 7714
Oldboy5745
Yea it was mentioned in my reference but nevertheless, I'm worried that the majority of successful applicants have it :frown:

dont worry just because successful applicants have FM doesnt mean it played a critical part in the offer escpecially when 99.9% only need pass. And you must be considered a strong applicant youre still in the running. PS is always important and I do feel that it was the ice breaker - when my AS werent that good. Good luck !
SAMBO!

also applied to: KCL, QM, UCL with an offer from the first two and a rejection from UCL where the reason was simply "too much competition"

Got the same reason for Warwick's rejection! lol!
Marcx89
Goooood finally some relief, after those two lse rejections, I got accepted at Mcgill :smile:!

Wow! Congrats!!! :smile:
Cowtipper
Did you apply quite late?
They tend to stick very early applicants who are good but not outstanding in the gathered pile, for comparison against later applicants.

No, I applied before the Oxbridge deadline, the 14th of October I think.

(I didn't apply for Oxbridge btw)

:confused:
Lord Roem

Sorry for the bother!

Your not definitely going to be rejected, you must still be under consideration or they would've rejected you sooner. Since some gathered pile people have already been rejected, it's not always a good thing to have got that e-mail.
ninety_nine
Your not definitely going to be rejected, you must still be under consideration or they would've rejected you sooner. Since some gathered pile people have already been rejected, it's not always a good thing to have got that e-mail.

Well, that's good enough for me!

:yep:

(OK, that's a total lie, but for such a weak applicant I suppose it's the most I can reasonably hope for)

Fingers crossed for the next rejection day! Friday/Monday I would assume...

Latest

Trending

Trending