The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9220
1 Economic Historian
Fair play, let's end this here then :smile:
I presume that's why it's 'easier' to initially get into an IB in North American then, since you have to go back to university, whilst we fully start working as an investment banker etc for an indefinite period (unless of course you get fired :tongue:) as early as 21/22? Who knows :tongue: , but more importantly, who really cares! lol
May I ask which North American school it is btw? Congrats on having both an MBA and a law degree already though...if I interpreted that correctly!
Btw, and I don't mean to scare you, but Law at LSE is ridiculously competitive already, without sending your application late...they only consider late applications if there are any places left, right? :s-smilie:
Where else did you apply? =]

I applied to a bunch of UK schools...but four out of the 5 schools were back-ups in case i messed up the LSAT. LSE is the only school I would consider going given that I didnt mess up the lsat....don't have the MBA / JD yet...that's what i applied for in North America. I applied to QMUL, Dundee, York and Warwick

Still waiting on LSE. Not too concerned but it would be a valuable option. I applied before Jan 15 but not too far from the deadline... Not sure what the impact is of the March 10 test for int'l students. I assume LSE needs to grade those exams and evaluate the performance against int'l peers with more comparable credentials. Having a response on March 31st would be too late in the game.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 9221
black&blue
Anyone applied for law that's heard from Warwick? I'm waiting for them too... while I wait for LSE!!

I've applied for Law m100 to LSE, still waiting..I got an offer from warwick around mid december. But I'm also international, maybe I'm in a different category? I know quite a few friends in my school who aren't international and still waiting for a reply from Warwick, so good luck! :smile:
Reply 9222
Just some news, my university counselor says that LSE got our Jan modular results a couple of days before us and that this COULD be why they rejected people on the Monday! I don't know how true this is so if any of those who got rejected could give us an insight into their Jan modular results it would make for an interesting study! Well good luck to all and let us pray for offers today!
Reply 9223
QBC123
Just some news, my university counselor says that LSE got our Jan modular results a couple of days before us and that this COULD be why they rejected people on the Monday! I don't know how true this is so if any of those who got rejected could give us an insight into their Jan modular results it would make for an interesting study! Well good luck to all and let us pray for offers today!

They do not get your January results. Anyone who tells you otherwise is talking utter garbage.
That seems very unlikely, how would that work? LSE don't know my candidate number, where I sat my exams, in addition, think about the sheer number of results they would have to look up...

I seriously doubt that
QBC123

this isn't true....

Anyways. Good luck today.
QBC123

That is a load of ********.
El Mariachi

that is exactly what I was going to say but I didn't want to be too harsh lol.
Reply 9228
I'm setting myself up for harsh disappointment but I'm a little more confident that I'm going to receive an offer.

Not sure how many follow the thread religiously but on tuesday i received an email form the LSE regarding an IGCSE English Speaking Test (Its optional and my school didn't offer it) so I replied that I didn't take the test. A day later my head of 6th form received an email about whether English was my first language... It is, so he replied accordingly.

So today I went to old school (I'm on a gap year) on the instructions of my head of 6th form because LSE, UCL, Kings and Imperial were there to talk to perspective students and give a presentation.

I had a 10 minute chat with the LSE rep which turned out to be the dean of undergraduate studies! Dr Jan Stockdale. She told me that the English issue was because LSE have been concerned over the level of Spoken English of International students. She apologised saying she knows our school well (apparently she's been coming to our school for years to do these presentations even before she was the dean) and she knows our students english is of good quality. She told me not to be discouraged if i received an offer on the condition of doing an English test IELTS (? Haven't heard of it)

Then we had a 10 minute chat about Malaysian politics (I'm applying for government) because I told her I was now working as a political journalist. I told her about how I emailed the LSE last week informing them of my job and how I'm being published almost everyday to which they replied they wouldn't consider it because its not vital additional information. But she replied "don't worry I'll do something about it... I'm the dean"

I've been buzzing ever since but I fear I'll get a rejection before she goes back to the LSE to "report her findings" in her words this sunday...
edward27
I'm setting myself up for harsh disappointment but I'm a little more confident that I'm going to receive an offer.

Not sure how many follow the thread religiously but on tuesday i received an email form the LSE regarding an IGCSE English Speaking Test (Its optional and my school didn't offer it) so I replied that I didn't take the test. A day later my head of 6th form received an email about whether English was my first language... It is, so he replied accordingly.

So today I went to old school (I'm on a gap year) on the instructions of my head of 6th form because LSE, UCL, Kings and Imperial were there to talk to perspective students and give a presentation.

I had a 10 minute chat with the LSE rep which turned out to be the dean of undergraduate studies! Dr Jan Stockdale. She told me that the English issue was because LSE have been concerned over the level of Spoken English of International students. She apologised saying she knows our school well (apparently she's been coming to our school for years to do these presentations even before she was the dean) and she knows our students english is of good quality. She told me not to be discouraged if i received an offer on the condition of doing an English test IELTS (? Haven't heard of it)

Then we had a 10 minute chat about Malaysian politics (I'm applying for government) because I told her I was now working as a political journalist. I told her about how I emailed the LSE last week informing them of my job and how I'm being published almost everyday to which they replied they wouldn't consider it because its not vital additional information. But she replied "don't worry I'll do something about it... I'm the dean"

I've been buzzing ever since but I fear I'll get a rejection before she goes back to the LSE to "report her findings" in her words this sunday...

If i had to put money on someone receiving an offer, it would be you.
Reply 9230
El Mariachi

I think you need to calm down my friend!! I said that I was told this by my university counselor and this had me worried even MORE fearing that my results would not be good enough! No need to neg-rep me for sharing something I was told!!
Reply 9231
Jinru
Oh good luck, but did they suggest at all that they will be considering your jan results?
Something like "ok I will pass it on" ect...?

Well all they said was, if you think your information is worth sending to LSE, then please send it to us via email, and rmb to quote your ucas ID number =)
hope that's been of relevence. :smile:
eyijia
Well all they said was, if you think your information is worth sending to LSE, then please send it to us via email, and rmb to quote your ucas ID number =)
hope that's been of relevence. :smile:

Isn't that information like if your predicted grade changes or if you drop a subject etc.
Reply 9233

yeah but it's worth a try, better to send it in and it to be not relevent, then to regret not sending in stuff that could have helped. :smile:
How'd today go for you so far guys?...any offers etc? Best of luck :smile:

Also, to all of you law applicants/students, or anyone familiar with business law...
I'd like some help please :redface: lol,
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=842725
It'd be much appreciated :smile: +rep for a whole week lol =p
Reply 9235
Around 20 minutes... 5 months without decision haha...
Reply 9236
no news, how about other people :smile:
nothing for me........................................
Is today the last chance of offers? Or on the 31st as well?
I have a feeling no offer today = rejection
coren111
Is today the last chance of offers? Or on the 31st as well?
I have a feeling no offer today = rejection

Well apparently the pattern breaks in March.

Latest

Trending

Trending