The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Pzazz212
anybody in TSR still in the running for Economics and Economic History?

My friend here at school is, if this helps! :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
still in the running for L101.

commiserations to those who got rejected
1 Economic Historian
It wouldn't matter- you're in a different quota anyway! :tongue:...If you're actually from Hong Kong!

Are we internationals actually more likely or less likely to get an offer if we are still here now?
I find it strange the way this works.. no idea.!
Reply 9783
steve2006
still in the running for L101.

commiserations to those who got rejected

Me too! still in the run for L101.
How many of us are there left?
:woo:
eyijia

Are you an international applicant?
I am
Reply 9785
I am still in the race for L101 after taking EE
Reply 9786
hi, yeah am international

still waiting for maths & econs!

whats the chances next week?
Reply 9787
hey everybody. ive been treating my sore wound from my recent rejection from LSE for the LLB course. they rejected me jus before recieving january module results which really sucks becos my results were really good. Im guaranteed A's even with minimal results in June. I sent an email to LSE tellin them about this n how dissapointed I am that I didnt get in becos I was blown away by the LLB course at LSE and if they could re-visit my application or if they had any advice for me. Obviosly, they said NO. but i am sooo sooo sooo hurt. I attended the worst school in Manchester, moss side and yet i worked hard to get good grades although definitely not the best of grades. But i proved what i was capable of at A-Levels with nothing but A's. I thought i'd get over it but I am still sooo sooo sad and im sure a few people out there feel the same way. But my question is this: as naiive as i might sound now, is there anything more that I can do apart from take a gap-year becos i'm scared of another rejection from LSE next year. IS THERE ANYTHIN MORE OUT THERE THAT I CAN DO IN REGARDS TO A PLACE AT LSE? IS THERE A SLIGHT CHANCE THAT LSE MIGHT HAVE A FEW PLACES LEFT AT CLEARING? UCAS EXTRA? ANYTHING? i'm holding offers from Lancaster, UEA and Staffordshire(2yr fast track) but i do not AT ALL want to go there. I kno i sound desperate, but i think dats becos I am desperate. any help?
eyijia

not many i think. Hope they arent just stringing us along and then dumping us on the 31st. That would be evil but not unusual of the LSE
duntan
hey everybody. ive been treating my sore wound from my recent rejection from LSE for the LLB course. they rejected me jus before recieving january module results which really sucks becos my results were really good. Im guaranteed A's even with minimal results in June. I sent an email to LSE tellin them about this n how dissapointed I am that I didnt get in becos I was blown away by the LLB course at LSE and if they could re-visit my application or if they had any advice for me. Obviosly, they said NO. but i am sooo sooo sooo hurt. I attended the worst school in Manchester, moss side and yet i worked hard to get good grades although definitely not the best of grades. But i proved what i was capable of at A-Levels with nothing but A's. I thought i'd get over it but I am still sooo sooo sad and im sure a few people out there feel the same way. But my question is this: as naiive as i might sound now, is there anything more that I can do apart from take a gap-year becos i'm scared of another rejection from LSE next year. IS THERE ANYTHIN MORE OUT THERE THAT I CAN DO IN REGARDS TO A PLACE AT LSE? IS THERE A SLIGHT CHANCE THAT LSE MIGHT HAVE A FEW PLACES LEFT AT CLEARING? UCAS EXTRA? ANYTHING? i'm holding offers from Lancaster, UEA and Staffordshire(2yr fast track) but i do not AT ALL want to go there. I kno i sound desperate, but i think dats becos I am desperate. any help?

They don't do clearing

Do you mind listing your A-level subjects and UMS out?
So I can offer you my advice whether or not to take a gap year and re-apply
Reply 9790
Still in it for Government and Economics. Anyone else?
how many ppl are still in for straight IR? I've applied in late October and haven't heard anything since. Oh and yeah, commiserations to those rejected, must be painful, but again I'm sure you have other superb unis up ur sleeve :smile:
Reply 9792
1 Economic Historian
It wouldn't matter- you're in a different quota anyway! :tongue:...If you're actually from Hong Kong!

I am from Hong Kong. I don't know what you mean by a different quota. is there a difference in terms of their acceptance policies?
Reply 9793
he means that we are under the international quota.
marcelbandur
how many ppl are still in for straight IR? I've applied in late October and haven't heard anything since. Oh and yeah, commiserations to those rejected, must be painful, but again I'm sure you have other superb unis up ur sleeve :smile:

Ah yes! Someone else!

Me :smile: applied 14th of January though...
Reply 9795
yjkeh
he means that we are under the international quota.

what difference does it make?
Pzazz212
what difference does it make?

One pays £3.5k a year and can get student loan
Other pays £13.5k a year and can only get support schemes
Reply 9797
dorice525
My friend here at school is, if this helps! :biggrin:

is your friend doing the ib?
if so, do you mind posting his predicted grades and HL subjects?
bluebubbles
Ah yes! Someone else!

Me :smile: applied 14th of January though...

cool mate! that means you are in a very similar position. what do you think, have they given out all the places already? hope not :woo:
Reply 9799
Jinru
One pays £3.5k a year and can get student loan
Other pays £13.5k a year and can only get support schemes

so will it also be more likely that we internationals receive offers from LSE?

Latest

Trending

Trending