The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
does anyone have any idea what time the update is expected tomorrow?

i don't wanna be checking track all day
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
From 00:01 to 23:59 :P
Reply 1162
I have been told I am mad applying to LSE as they virtually accept no one:smile:

Tbh, I am not even worrying that much anymore-competition for places is so intense I am almost sure I wont be getting in...They only got approx 9% of mature students at undergraduate level, so my chances are very very slim...But hey, i am glad I at least tried:smile:
Reply 1163
i am sure the % of mature students applying will be smaller as well though so you have a chacne
msd2008
does anyone have any idea what time the update is expected tomorrow?

i don't wanna be checking track all day

It's either 12:00 or 17:00 GMT, as observed from past. :yep:
This is very nerve-wrecking.
Reply 1166
hi guys.

im really new to all this UCAS stuff. i just made my application on the 15 of oct and never bothered to check UCAS until i received a package from Warwick with an unconditional offer for ppe. BUT my first choice is really LSE's gov & econs.

I chanced upon this thread today by accident whilst trying to find out more about the whole ucas applications process.
=s
hope you guys don't mind me asking but what is the difference between an 'offer' and just being accepted? Doesn't LSE give out offers all the way until the places in the course have been filled? - pardon my ignorance..
Reply 1167
oeij
hi guys.

im really new to all this UCAS stuff. i just made my application on the 15 of oct and never bothered to check UCAS until i received a package from Warwick with an unconditional offer for ppe. BUT my first choice is really LSE's gov & econs.

I chanced upon this thread today by accident whilst trying to find out more about the whole ucas applications process.
=s
hope you guys don't mind me asking but what is the difference between an 'offer' and just being accepted? Doesn't LSE give out offers all the way until the places in the course have been filled? - pardon my ignorance..

Congrats on the warwick offer. Offers are the same as being accepted. However, there are two types of offers. There is the conditional offer i.e. you will be accepted as long as you get certain grades. There is the unconditional offer, i.e. the university will accept you with the qualifications you already have. LSE dont dish out offers on a first-come-first-serve basis. They will give equal consideration to everyone as long as they apply before 15th January. By the way are you a postgrad or undergrad applicant, and what are your grades.
anyone heard anything?
it's approaching 1200 NOON!
No news for me!
The_Hessian
No news for me!

neither do I!
seems like the MONDAY rumors is ruled out as well?
Reply 1171
What time did rejections start coming last time ?(Monday 10th November)
Nothing here either and oops at my mistake earlier, I didn't realise it said postgrad I thought it said undergrad.

Waiting until 5 I guess, if nothing then, god knows when the next swathe of rejections is going to come.
izoar
What time did rejections start coming last time ?(Monday 10th November)

first rejection appeared on TSR at 11:52 GMT. So I guess rejections come roughly at 12:00.
oh people you worry to much. you can't changed what is already determined by others, it doesn't depend on you. better concentrate on studies :wink:
Reply 1175
ggap
Congrats on the warwick offer. Offers are the same as being accepted. However, there are two types of offers. There is the conditional offer i.e. you will be accepted as long as you get certain grades. There is the unconditional offer, i.e. the university will accept you with the qualifications you already have. LSE dont dish out offers on a first-come-first-serve basis. They will give equal consideration to everyone as long as they apply before 15th January. By the way are you a postgrad or undergrad applicant, and what are your grades.

I took the IB. Got 41 points overall.. I'm an undergrad student.

So am I right to say that until the period around Jan, LSE just sends out rejections to candidates that they feel aren't good enough?
Reply 1176
Dionis_antic
oh people you worry to much. you can't changed what is already determined by others, it doesn't depend on you. better concentrate on studies :wink:

lol. i hav already told them. But if you're addicted to track its a one way street.
Reply 1177
Dionis_antic

Gap year + long internship means I have time to worry.
izoar
Gap year + long internship means I have time to worry.

it wrote in general, no specification to any individual.
seems there're no rejections at noon
maybe we will have to wait until 5 then...

Latest

Trending

Trending