The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
amar09
holy **** really? OMG:eek:

well at least you have your UCL offer to fall back on! I'd rather be in your position than mine right now!:s-smilie:
GL with your other apps. Wonder how many other rejections there have been/will be today. I assume that many people haven't found out yet because its still school time etc...

hey! im in the same position as you amar09. quite worried. rejected by ucl too. really want an offer from LSE. been to the university for the open day and find it as a place i wud love to stay n study in.

commiserations to those rejected today =(
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I applied to 3 courses at LSE... would that have had any effect on my rejection today?
*Economics Department*
1. Economics with Economic history-Rejected today
*Economic history Department*
1. Economic History
2. Economics and Economic History
I was crazy...
Would I be rejected from the 2 of my economic history department choices as well coz I applied to 3 courses?
Reply 1342
flglxpstbxkdls
I applied to 3 courses at LSE... would that have had any effect on my rejection today?
*Economics Department*
1. Economics with Economic history-Rejected today
*Economic history Department*
1. Economic History
2. Economics and Economic History
I was crazy...
Would I be rejected from the 2 of my economic history department choices as well coz I applied to 3 courses?

The thing is, the same people look at your applications from the two economic history courses. So its unlikely that they will think you are good for one course, but not the other. On the other hand, if you get in for one, theres a good chance you'll get an offer for the other!
amar09
The thing is, the same people look at your applications from the two economic history courses. So its unlikely that they will think you are good for one course, but not the other. On the other hand, if you get in for one, theres a good chance you'll get an offer for the other!

How about the economics department?... so the economic history people wouldn't know that I applied to economics department... and consequently, today's rejection from economics department doesn't necessarily mean two additional rejections from economic history departmenmt?
Reply 1344
Wait up, how do we know its rejection day today?!??!
Reply 1345
rotor
Wait up, how do we know its rejection day today?!??!

because there have been 4 rejection already, one apiece for
Economics
Economics with Econ history
Accounting and Finance
Maths and Economics

And to Flg....

i don't think so. But then again, i'm not an admission tutor. its entirely possible. But the fact that you received one rejection instead of three must be a good thing!
Reply 1346
amar09
Economics
Accounting and Finance
Maths and Economics

And to Flg....

i don't think so. But then again, i'm not an admission tutor. its entirely possible. But the fact that you received one rejection instead of three must be a good thing!

:o: Oh sorry I didn't read the last few posts.
Although I got that weird email a few weeks ago "shortlisting" me so I assume I'm going to have to wait ages for a reply!!!!
amar09
Economics
Accounting and Finance
Maths and Economics

And to Flg....

That's true...1 econ department rejection is better than 2 econhistory rejections...
Reply 1348
so nervous... it seems decision time for econ/econ hist.
Waiting...
Damn, someone got an M+E rejection... I hope I don't get one!
*worries*
Oh well, I'm off to pump some iron and destress :p:

EDIT: Wooooo 666th post.
Reply 1350
I just sent my UCAS today....is it me or am i way behind on lse :confused:
amar09

agreed!:p:
Reply 1352
hey sorry to hear that guys..but you can email them asking them for a reason!
Reply 1353
Nothing yet from the stats department, it looks like I will live to fight another day
Reply 1354
no news for me neither... which considering todays rejection trend i am definitely content with!

does anyone know / remember if there have been any lse rejections for law yet? :s-smilie:
Reply 1355
bvcj
no news for me neither... which considering todays rejection trend i am definitely content with!

does anyone know / remember if there have been any lse rejections for law yet? :s-smilie:

look at first post
Reply 1356
Hi.............urm I'm extremely worried I got rejected for M&E from LSE.................however I also applied for L101 but no decision...........i got 4As and a B at AS..........and doing 3 of them at A levels and Further MAths A level course....................do you think I'll be rejected for L101 as well..........or not hearing anything is a good thing.

Thanks for any help
Reply 1357
bvcj, you doing a post A level app? im going for law too mate..
Reply 1358
naive212
Hi.............urm I'm extremely worried I got rejected for M&E from LSE.................however I also applied for L101 but no decision...........i got 4As and a B at AS..........and doing 3 of them at A levels and Further MAths A level course....................do you think I'll be rejected for L101 as well..........or not hearing anything is a good thing.

Thanks for any help

When did you apply?
Reply 1359
Roundabout
Rejected for L101. Could have been my personal statement. Could have been my reference, where my referee might have mentioned management.

Oh well, they were arrogant bastards anyways. :p:

When did you send your application?

Latest

Trending

Trending