Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
theorangecab
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mwsin)
how many of you guys have not been shortlisted?
Me, I didn't get an e-mail - and I sent mine off October 3rd :confused:
Incoherence
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mwsin)
Um... shortlisted to what???
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mwsin)
hang on. why r u using the word shortlisted like ppl who were sent those e-mails are better off than others. Let me explain the process. I have confirmation that this is true from LSE admin itself.

It is not called a shortlist but a 'gathered field'. There is a big difference.
LSE would gladly give out offers as quickly as possible, but because of the january 15th deadline, they have to hold back from making decisions on a certain number of appications because of the late applicants. It is not a shortlist, because otherwise people would not receive offers in novemeber. Whether or not you have been put on the gathered field does not affect your chances. It only means that your applications will be viewed in light of the current pool, rather than in light of the later applications.
bt_1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what did the 'shortlist' email say?
mwsin
Report 10 years ago
yea i was referring to that!
mwsin
Report 10 years ago
gathered field was what i meant.
izoar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
It only means that your applications will be viewed in light of the current pool, rather than in light of the later applications.
What do you mean by “it”? Are they saying they are waiting the 15th January deadline to make decisions for applicants inside or outside the “gathered field”?
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
:console: to all rejectees.

(Original post by ggap)
woohoo!! offers on friday. just got to survive today. they wouldnt bother chasing up grades if they were not interested in making an offer. many will disagree, but im sure friday is offer day.

im assuming you've provided LSE with an explanation with regards to your personal statement
I thought we said NO MORE ASSUMPTIONS!!! It jinxes everything!
But i do agree with your post about the "gathered field"
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mwsin)
yea i was referring to that!
basically those with the e-mail can expect a decision much later than those without it. This is neither good nor bad. but the admissions staff are not bound by rules and may well decide to remove your application from the gathered field. Out of interest how many post a-level applicants recieved that e-mail
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nope. applied on the 14th of October and haven't received that.
izoar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm post A-level, I did not get that e-mail
bt_1000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I applied on 6th oct, and got no such email
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by izoar)
I'm post A-level, I did not get that e-mail
i'll wait and see if other post a-level applicants got that e-mail but it would appear unlikely. because it is much easier to make a straightfoward decision on post a-level applicants, rather than put them onto the gathered field. Post a-level applicants are in a sense much safer bets because they have done their exams
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)
i'll wait and see if other post a-level applicants got that e-mail but it would appear unlikely. because it is much easier to make a straightfoward decision on post a-level applicants, rather than put them onto the gathered field.Post a-level applicants are in a sense much safer bets because they have done their exams
Post A-level - no email either
amar09
Rep:
?
Ok NO MORE E-mail Talk, its getting ridiculous. There is no pattern for who got it and who didn't, and we have overdiscussed it.
Its especially hard for me trying to go through and find out who has been rejected and whats happend when theres 50'000 posts saying "NO EMAIL"!!!!!!!!!!!
ggap
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cerulean)
Post A-level - no email either
this theory of mine may have some substance to it. lol. there should be a TSR degree for coming up with the best pattern and theories surrounding uni admissions. lol. we would all have a first class!

sorry Amar09, a theory is a theory. it has to be followed up and investigated.
amar09
Rep:
?
(Original post by ggap)
this theory of mine may have some substance to it. lol. there should be a TSR degree for coming up with the best pattern and theories surrounding uni admissions. lol. we would all have a first class!

you can't prove any sort of theory with such a small sample size.
EDIT: Fine...if you really want to, at least make a list so people don't have to keep repeating themselves, izoar posted it twice on the same page....A list might be helpful, and i might even add it to the first page
bvcj
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ggap)

sorry Amar09 but i'm going to have to add evidence to ggap's theory... im post a level and didnt receive "the email" ...
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amar09 this is a discussion thread so let us discusss!
rotor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bvcj)
sorry Amar09 but i'm going to have to add evidence to ggap's theory... im post a level and didnt receive "the email" ...

I'm pre-alevel with bad as level grades and gcses and got the email (dunno if that adds or does anything to your theory)

And I'm NOT being modest they were not exactly LSE standard, at all.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed