Apprenticeship

Watch
XoCJLXo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So, I’m currently doing an apprenticeship, I’ve been there 4 months nearly. I’m doing 2 different courses For this apprenticeship but haven’t had much off the job training. One of my courses is due early next year and the other mid next year I’m meant to do 280+ hours of off the job training, but my boss can’t fit any time in for my during my normal hours which means I’ll have to use my own time and do it at home or go into work a few hours early a week to get it done. Is he allowed to make me come in 2 hours BEFORE my shift even though it should be within work hours? I have a lot of work to do a lot of course work and would like time within my work hours to do it but I don’t think he will allow me to as we’re busy at work and I have to cover a lot of shifts... also I’ve only had 3 hours of training with my trainer provider and I’m 4 months in and my apprenticeship EPA is in May.
Last edited by XoCJLXo; 3 days ago
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by XoCJLXo)
So, I’m currently doing an apprenticeship, I’ve been there 4 months nearly. I’m doing 2 different courses For this apprenticeship but haven’t had much off the job training. One of my courses is due early next year and the other mid next year I’m meant to do 280+ hours of off the job training, but my boss can’t fit any time in for my during my normal hours which means I’ll have to use my own time and do it at home or go into work a few hours early a week to get it done. Is he allowed to make me come in 2 hours BEFORE my shift even though it should be within work hours? I have a lot of work to do a lot of course work and would like time within my work hours to do it but I don’t think he will allow me to as we’re busy at work and I have to cover a lot of shifts... also I’ve only had 3 hours of training with my trainer provider and I’m 4 months in and my apprenticeship EPA is in May.
speak to the training provider for your courses, if they are getting government funding for the apprenticeship they should be supporting you rather than just telling you that there's no time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (51)
40.8%
Take autumn exams (46)
36.8%
Look for a job (2)
1.6%
Consider an apprenticeship (3)
2.4%
Take a year out (15)
12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (8)
6.4%

Watched Threads