The Student Room Group

When you look back at school do you have fond memories?

Personally, I kind of maybe thought I was smarter than I was so ended up kind of disappointed. I kind of got into trouble I kind of don't have good memories of the experience with the bullying and unpleasantness. Also the teachers used to favor certain people.
Original post by Anonymous
Personally, I kind of maybe thought I was smarter than I was so ended up kind of disappointed. I kind of got into trouble I kind of don't have good memories of the experience with the bullying and unpleasantness. Also the teachers used to favor certain people.

sadly, no. At the end of school, I spiralled into crippling social anxiety and basically became mute with only 1 friend to come out of school. Year 7 and 8 were great though, so I'll be fond of that. I guess the last years are what stick out to me though, unfortunately.
I have a feeling of doing my abilities justice above all. The idea it is the best days of your life is nonsense, of course.
i have fond memories of secondary school. i have terrible memories of primary school because i got bullied and didn't have any friends and it affected my mental health
No unfortunately :s-smilie:
Reply 5
No, I can't say mine are particularly good... I was very happy to get out of that environment! I feel like schools come with such immense academic pressure and heightened social anxieties, so it's no wonder that they aren't recalled fondly by a lot of people... it's absolute nonsense when people say those are the best years of your life... there's so much more in the world than that!
Reply 6
Yes, I quite enjoyed school. More so towards the end like year 10 and 11
(edited 3 years ago)
I have blocked out that entire section of my life so I do not ever have to look back on it
Some good memories but far from the best years of my life.
I made some wonderful friends, had access to some very high calibre teachers and got to see a drastic example of karma in action when worst gang of school bullies got dragged out in handcuffs.
In primary school, yes but secondary school no and sixth form was ok at most
not when you had snakes as classmates, no
Reply 11
Yes, some.
Reply 12
No.
The early years of secondary school were the best for me, before the hormonal storm.
Oddly I think in my life the early years of school were the best and the older years were the worst.
I did stupid things as an older teenager.
Was mega horny and just chased boys and lost the plot! also I was popular at school when I was in the older years so was a bit up myself. And when my hormones kicked in I wasn't that nice, was oversexed and had terrible mood swings and didn't concentrate
Reply 14
Only the gay parts. Most of it was hell and life has been so much better once college and university started
Reply 15
Hell no.
Leaving...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending