When you look back at school do you have fond memories?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Personally, I kind of maybe thought I was smarter than I was so ended up kind of disappointed. I kind of got into trouble I kind of don't have good memories of the experience with the bullying and unpleasantness. Also the teachers used to favor certain people.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hahahahahaha no
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Personally, I kind of maybe thought I was smarter than I was so ended up kind of disappointed. I kind of got into trouble I kind of don't have good memories of the experience with the bullying and unpleasantness. Also the teachers used to favor certain people.
sadly, no. At the end of school, I spiralled into crippling social anxiety and basically became mute with only 1 friend to come out of school. Year 7 and 8 were great though, so I'll be fond of that. I guess the last years are what stick out to me though, unfortunately.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have a feeling of doing my abilities justice above all. The idea it is the best days of your life is nonsense, of course.
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
i have fond memories of secondary school. i have terrible memories of primary school because i got bullied and didn't have any friends and it affected my mental health
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No unfortunately
Clodia7
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No, I can't say mine are particularly good... I was very happy to get out of that environment! I feel like schools come with such immense academic pressure and heightened social anxieties, so it's no wonder that they aren't recalled fondly by a lot of people... it's absolute nonsense when people say those are the best years of your life... there's so much more in the world than that!
Megxn0
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, I quite enjoyed school. More so towards the end like year 10 and 11
Last edited by Megxn0; 6 days ago
lazerbeem
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have blocked out that entire section of my life so I do not ever have to look back on it
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Some good memories but far from the best years of my life.
I made some wonderful friends, had access to some very high calibre teachers and got to see a drastic example of karma in action when worst gang of school bullies got dragged out in handcuffs.
unknownalienn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
In primary school, yes but secondary school no and sixth form was ok at most
Yas031119
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
not when you had snakes as classmates, no
OxMus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, some.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No.
stickylikehoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The early years of secondary school were the best for me, before the hormonal storm.
Oddly I think in my life the early years of school were the best and the older years were the worst.
I did stupid things as an older teenager.
Was mega horny and just chased boys and lost the plot! also I was popular at school when I was in the older years so was a bit up myself. And when my hormones kicked in I wasn't that nice, was oversexed and had terrible mood swings and didn't concentrate
Ikeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Only the gay parts. Most of it was hell and life has been so much better once college and university started
dasda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hell no.
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Leaving...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (174)
38.07%
Take autumn exams (143)
31.29%
Look for a job (16)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.6%
Take a year out (76)
16.63%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
5.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise