anesthesiologist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Should I take geography or history for gcse if I want to become an anesthesiologist. I do enjoy history but I am not the best at English and I am worried about the amount of material I would have to memorise. However with geography I haven't being paying a lot of attention so I would need to memorise materials from my previous years. Please help me I am not sure which humanity would help my career more. Thanks : )
help_101
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by anesthesiologist)
Should I take geography or history for gcse if I want to become an anesthesiologist. I do enjoy history but I am not the best at English and I am worried about the amount of material I would have to memorise. However with geography I haven't being paying a lot of attention so I would need to memorise materials from my previous years. Please help me I am not sure which humanity would help my career more. Thanks : )
As someone who took both, I would say both have their pros and cons. Whilst I found the history content way more interesting, the exams were difficult as there was little time and so many specific facts that had to be included. However, geography was much easier if you are more science orientated, as it really ties in with biology and chemistry. The structure of answers and case studies were a lot easier to remember, however I did sometimes find lessons a little less interesting than I had hoped. It really does depend on whether you prefer a more exciting course or a more straight forward approach to learning. Hope this helps
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
take the subject you think you'd enjoy the most, doing one or the other won't necessarily stop you from become an anaesthesiologist. if you enjoy history then pick that. i did geography and i found you could get away with using a little more common sense, especially in the human geography elements. i presume you're going into year 10, so if you're worried about playing catch up then you can do that over this summer but the content you learn in year 10 and 11 is more likely to be relevant to the exam.
anesthesiologist
Rep:
?
(Original post by help_101)
As someone who took both, I would say both have their pros and cons. Whilst I found the history content way more interesting, the exams were difficult as there was little time and so many specific facts that had to be included. However, geography was much easier if you are more science orientated, as it really ties in with biology and chemistry. The structure of answers and case studies were a lot easier to remember, however I did sometimes find lessons a little less interesting than I had hoped. It really does depend on whether you prefer a more exciting course or a more straight forward approach to learning. Hope this helps
thank you so much
anesthesiologist
Rep:
?
(Original post by help_101)
thank you so much

(Original post by absolutelysprout)
take the subject you think you'd enjoy the most, doing one or the other won't necessarily stop you from become an anaesthesiologist. if you enjoy history then pick that. i did geography and i found you could get away with using a little more common sense, especially in the human geography elements. i presume you're going into year 10, so if you're worried about playing catch up then you can do that over this summer but the content you learn in year 10 and 11 is more likely to be relevant to the exam.
thank you
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
I agree. Take whichever you enjoy most.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
thank you so much

thank you
no worries
Pablopip
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Geography is a lot easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (148)
37.47%
Take autumn exams (123)
31.14%
Look for a job (14)
3.54%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.3%
Take a year out (68)
17.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.33%

Watched Threads