The Student Room Group

Best uni for International Relations

Which uni is the best for international relations? Is St Andrews good enough? Any suggestions?
Original post by jassy0190
Which uni is the best for international relations? Is St Andrews good enough? Any suggestions?

Hi @jassy0190

What an exciting subject! There is a huge choice of Universities and it sounds like you are researching at the moment. What may seem the best choice for one, may be different for another. Location, cost of living are just two things to consider when choosing University. I recently visited Scotland and it is beautiful. Have you been to Lincoln? I recently moved here for a new role and compare it to a 'small York'. It is a scenic, historical city with a lovely Castle and Cathedral. We are running a number of Virtual Open Days which you may find useful to have a chat with academics and find our more about Lincoln.

We do offer a range of International Relations degree options which includes IR with Social Policy or Politics. You can click here for more information. The course includes opportunities for Study Abroad which is supported by a team of staff who support students with placements. The University is ranked TEF Gold and Top 20 for Student Satisfaction in the 2020 National Student Survey.

We also have Unibuddy on our website so you can chat with our current students if you would like to? Just click here.

Anyway, let me wish you all the best with your research and hope this has helped!

Just get in touch if I can help anymore?

Lewis :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jassy0190

Hi @jassy0190

Whilst I cant' comment on the course which St Andrews offer, I can provide some insight into the Politics and International Relations Course which we offer at Hull.

This course takes you behind the headlines to gain expertise in international affairs focusing on conflict and war, wealth, poverty and inequality, international law, international relations theory and international organisations.

On top of this, our politics department is in the top 20 in the UK for overall satisfaction (National Student Survey (NSS) 2020, HEIs only).

We also offer one of the largest Westminster Placement Schemes.

But I would advise speaking directly to one of our Politics & IR students through our Ask a Student chat service as they will be able to tell you more about their student experience, the department, and answer any questions which you may have.

Also keep an eye out for any open days which may be run over the course of the next year.

Hope this helps
Emily
University of Hull Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending