Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all are you ok
Last edited by success4life; 1 month ago
Joseph Green
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Simply put, if you are unhappy with the way things are being handled, just say that you are uncomfortable with how poor the safety measures are being enforced, and that you feel like you and others are at a high risk of being exposed to something that could be avoided. Also the fact that you are only getting 4.50 an hour during this time is a complete scam. There is still a risk of infection so id say you should be entitled to a danger pay of sorts
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t know a lot about all of this or how to help you with your letter but all of what they are doing sounds pretty illegal to me. I’m pretty sure that you can (and probably should) report them because none of what they are doing is ok! However, I wouldn’t know who to report them to either so hopefully someone else can help with that. Sorry I wasn’t much help but I do think it is a good idea to report them otherwise there will be a lot of Covid spreading in that shop.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Reporting workplaces that are violating Covid guidelines:

https://www.cieh.org/ehn/health-and-...e-for-workers/
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by success4life)
I’ve just quit my job for a variety of reasons. I know that I am in the right. I’m 17 in sixth form and saving for a car so my dad doesn’t have to buy one for me.

During the pandemic you would have thought we’d have hygiene measures in place-we don’t or there is a lack of.
I work at Clive Marks (uniform store), people are coming in and trying the same things on one after another. Then another person buys it thinking that they are the only person who have tried it on-they aren’t.

When somebody returns an item we have to quarantine it for 72 hours, I’ve put things into quarantine and it gets taken out 30 mins later, the excuse being oh well.
This is an issue because if we are having to -quarantine- items after they try it on after taking it home-we aren’t quarantine items that people just try on. I understand it would be hard but there is a lack of reason behind it.
Our fitting rooms are closed because they are banned right now. There is even red tape in an X so people cannot enter so what are they doing. Workers are allowing them to go in by creeping through the tape.
Other people, merely stripping off on the shop floor!!
We had a buy cough on the blazer sleeve (obviously it has to be quarantined but it got took out minutes later!)
People are walking in without masks and the boss say “oh well they are in now”-I go up to them to ask if they are exempt for medical reasons and they say they just forgot it. We have only just changed the rules to one adult per child and loads are walking in so I am having to stop and tell them(this is retail for you) but the other staff are just allowing this.

We are working 5 and 6 hours without breaks and I had medical reasons-that was not asked about on the forms I had to sign. One of the girls are diabetic!
They are telling us we don’t get one, I’ve had jobs in the past so I know right from wrong and this is wrong. The manager says “ I know this is all of your first jobs”, it the majority but generalising it won’t help. I know the rules so I’ve told him how I feel and he won’t budge with it.
We have 16 staff working everyday and it’s too much!!
If we all for a break for working all the hours we don’t people would be on and off the shop floor-this is why they won’t abide by it. It’s the law.
They give out discounts to people who aren’t eligible (going into year 7)
Today i went in at 12:30-4:30 get there to be told I was supposed to be in at 10-2 because they have 4 rotas on the wall without dates on.
I’ve had a women come up to me and ask if other people are trying them on and I said yes she said do I think it’s right. No it’s not I said and she was fuming. I said I completely agree but this is what I get told to tell you and I want to be truthful.
I have completely stopped revising because I work everyday day, I could fit revision in but I’m usually tired after work and the stress of it that I don’t. I asked people for resources on how to make a time management timetable for revision but I quit before I even got the responses. At £4.55 per hour I was told just to come in for an hour and a half considering the rota issue. They told me I was lying but I showed them the picture of my rota!

Glad I’ve left. I am going to write a letter to explain why I am leaving. How do I craft that, given the reasons I’ve wrote about??
Sorry to go off.
Sounds like constructive dismissal to me. I'd take it further.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also, you are correct-Young workers are legally entitled to 30 minutes break per 4.5 hours worked. If they aren’t giving you that then they are breaking the law. Do you have a head office/personnel department where you can file an official complaint?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you considered leaking what's going on at Clive Mark to one of the tabloids?
A UK business flouting laws and covid19 pandemic guidance so blatantly, risking so many young lives on a daily basis almost guarantees the sort of media attention that no amount of money can buy or keep away.
success4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Have you considered leaking what's going on at Clive Mark to one of the tabloids?
A UK business flouting laws and covid19 pandemic guidance so blatantly, risking so many young lives on a daily basis almost guarantees the sort of media attention that no amount of money can buy or keep away.
No I haven’t. I only see one way out of it: that’s to leave.
Prioritise my studies and revise everyday like before.
I’m resigning with immediate effect, no way am I handing in a 2 week notice period.
Constructive dismissal.
success4life
Rep:
?
No I haven’t.
I want to expose them. Write a letter or email or something.
For us of my studies first.
success4life
Rep:
?
This is why it’s 1 star. They hVe used us to get 3.3.
We are giving four leaflets saying write a review with our name down.
We get an amazon voucher worth £10.00 I don’t use online shopping. So I’ve got 3 review in the 3 weeks I’ve been there and they’ve given me them but it’s a waste of time.
When I started there were no good reviews
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
20.92%
Less motivated (121)
79.08%

Watched Threads