Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you have good handwriting speed or have you failed exams due to slow writing?

ReputationRep:
    Luckily I am a fast writer, so my writing speed has never been a problem in exams. My problem is that my handwriting is incredibly messy.

ReputationRep:
    I am a really slow writer in my opinion but mostly I think the quality of what I write compensates for the length. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've a very ornate script, though I can actually write rather quickly in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed91)
    My handwriting is normally average at best, but I swear it has got even worse and quite bad now during the (post-gcse's) summer holidays, what with the lack of writing :P

I'm probably just an exception but it really does feel weird (and look awful) when writing now, having done so little during the summer after so much during GCSE exams, one of which slow writing prevented me from finishing

(my first ever post on tsr xP)
    Welcome to TSR m'dear.

ReputationRep:
    my handwriting is pretty fast, I can usually work up about 15 pages per exam (History/Lit). Really hard to read though, even if I was to write slowly.

ReputationRep:
    Quick handwriting for me is super messy and hard for most people other than myself and a couple of friends to read. Also, I have a dodgy wrist that just gives up, and once that's decided to stop writing and start hurting I manage about 10 words a minute!

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally a very very fast writer :p:

ReputationRep:
    I can write fast enough in exams, but my handwriting is horrid when I have to rush.

ReputationRep:
    havn't failed any exams with slow writing but i havn't done aswell as i could have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)
    my handwriting is pretty fast, I can usually work up about 15 pages per exam (History/Lit). Really hard to read though, even if I was to write slowly.
    Same. :five:

But its neat n anyone can read it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PointeShoes-x)
    Luckily I am a fast writer, so my writing speed has never been a problem in exams. My problem is that my handwriting is incredibly messy.
    Same here. Well... my exam handwriting is messy. My normal hand writing I take more care over and it is actually rather neat but I like to write faster in exams because I barely finish as it is. Luckily I've never had a problem with them being able to read my writing in exams yet but it's always something I'm wary of - so try and make it a little neater if possible.

ReputationRep:
    My ex told me my handwriting was cartoony. Thought that was a bit weird.

I always have spare time at the end of exams though I think that's due to me having run out of things to say rather than writing fast :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In my exams I start slow and very neat, and then I just scrap that idea get faster and it gets messy. But I get it finished!

ReputationRep:
    My handwriting speed is fairly good, although after about an hour of writing quickly my hand starts to seize up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed91)
    Thx Been reading/visitng for a while so thought would sign up and join in
    Thats great. I hope you enjoy here. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    My handwriting is absolutly awlful

Its fast and like a spider dancing on the page whilst covered in ink. I have been warned before that examiners wouldnt be able to read it but no fails so far

ReputationRep:
    Exams have ruined my handwriting I used to love my handwriting in primary school but ever since I had to speed up for exams it got messier.

I've just thought, do you reckon that's why doctors always have such terrible handwriting? Because they had to sit so many exams? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.beth.x)
    Exams have ruined my handwriting I used to love my handwriting in primary school but ever since I had to speed up for exams it got messier.

I've just thought, do you reckon that's why doctors always have such terrible handwriting? Because they had to sit so many exams? :p:
    hahaha, That is soo freaking true, looool :five: :laughing:

Their handwriting is really terrible. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -M$ [email protected])
    Same. :five:

But its neat n anyone can read it :p:
    well you're pretty lucky, quite a few of my exams came back with a 0 and had to be remarked because of it :p:

teachers were always whining about how it was near impossible to understand.. I might scan a bit of work actually, I can hardly make it out at times

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.