The Student Room Group

Guy deceived me, what should I do?

A guy deceived me on a dating app. He was very nice, pretending he was single, double messaging me and saying how interested and attracted he is in me only for me to find out he has a girlfriend that lives far away. I feel like a idiot for even messaging him and I know now he was just playing games with me. Why would a guy do this? What should I do?
Reply 1
You should stop making threads about it. One was enough.
Reply 2
you've asked this already.
Original post by Anonymous
A guy deceived me on a dating app. He was very nice, pretending he was single, double messaging me and saying how interested and attracted he is in me only for me to find out he has a girlfriend that lives far away. I feel like a idiot for even messaging him and I know now he was just playing games with me. Why would a guy do this? What should I do?

Welcome to the world of internet dating. It's not you, it's him and please don't take it personally. Unfortunately, being online means you can be someone you're not. You can lie, you can cheat, anything. I have messaged some guys online who pretend to be single when they are actually married. Imagine that! Luckily I get my son onto it, and we have fun researching all the lies. The more they post and try and impress you, the more the lies become obvious.

I really wouldn't trust dating apps to find "the one". Join a local club or go out in the evening with friends. Even that's not completely reliable, but dating apps really are a no no.
Delete him and move on
Block him and ask his girlfriend why she's allowing him to use a dating app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending