Do you think schools will open on time in September?

Watch
Fifty345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What's everyone's view? Do you guys think schools will open in September? Could we see a delay?
Joseph Green
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Schools are going back to normal. So normal start times
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doubt they'll open on time, we seem a few days away from further closures if anything.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joseph Green)
Schools are going back to normal. So normal start times
I meant if they will start a few weeks later, due to covid bro
Joseph Green
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unfortunately they will be starting in the first week of September
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Doubt they'll open on time, we seem a few days away from further closures if anything.
I think they will start a month late, hbu?
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joseph Green)
Unfortunately they will be starting in the first week of September
Atm yes, however the recent spike in cases may suggest the government may have to hold back their plans.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fifty345)
What's everyone's view? Do you guys think schools will open in September? Could we see a delay?
I think every effort will be made to open them on 1 September, even if shutting down other areas of society will be required to enable this. It's got to be a top priority now.
Geraldthegoat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I know in Greater Manchester, Yorkshire etc we are on temporary lockdown because people keep going to each other’s houses. They said we would be back in June lol do u really think we will be back in September. Some of my friends went back in July and they couldn’t even guarantee safety, there’s no way everyone will go back in time. Other countries have gone back on lockdown like Australia too, the health secretary fears a second lockdown so it’s clearly not getting better and scientists have said they think a lockdown will happen till winter from sky news.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
I think every effort will be made to open them on 1 September, even if shutting down other areas of society will be required to enable this. It's got to be a top priority now.
I want to go back to school, but I don't see how they can make it 'covid secure'. Children and teenagers CANNOT socially distance.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
Well I know in Greater Manchester, Yorkshire etc we are on temporary lockdown because people keep going to each other’s houses. They said we would be back in June lol do u really think we will be back in September. Some of my friends went back in July and they couldn’t even guarantee safety, there’s no way everyone will go back in time. Other countries have gone back on lockdown like Australia too, the health secretary fears a second lockdown so it’s clearly not getting better and scientists have said they think a lockdown will happen till winter from sky news.
u think the government will make a u turn then? if so, when will they make this decision u think?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think they will start a month late, hbu?
A week? a month? a term? a year? Who knows? Government is in permanent bumble mode.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Children and teenagers CANNOT socially distance.
There's no intention now for them to so do, presumably because of what you say: it's not possible. The idea I think now is for the 'adults' to wall themselves off from the diseased children, though again how this will work in practice is anyone's guess.

This terrible government likes to make it all up as we go along, so I don't think it's wise for anyone to make any definite plans.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
A week? a month? a term? a year? Who knows? Government is in permanent bumble mode.
already been around 5-6 months, and possibly might not go back until next year? GCSEs and A Levels will be cancelled next year is my prediction.
Geraldthegoat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
u think the government will make a u turn then? if so, when will they make this decision u think?
Yeah because Hancock wasn’t sure even if we go back in September, so I reckon around November ish. Yeah the cases are extremely high in particular areas, it’s going to be crazy if we have it at Christmas tho with all the shopping and presents. I know here that they’re having certain opening times for shops for older people again. The reason the pubs + non-essential shops are still open here and they’re restricting going to households which makes no sense, it’s for the economy so they can make money and then when the cases rise again and enough money has been made, they will close them again.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
Yeah because Hancock wasn’t sure even if we go back in September, so I reckon around November ish. Yeah the cases are extremely high in particular areas, it’s going to be crazy if we have it at Christmas tho with all the shopping and presents. I know here that they’re having certain opening times for shops for older people again. The reason the pnovubs + non-essential shops are still open here and they’re restricting going to households which makes no sense, it’s for the economy so they can make money and then when the cases rise again and enough money has been made, they will close them again.
november?? I think in the next couple of weeks they might announce that we might no go into school beginning of September and he might delay the start date of the term
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
There's no intention now for them to so do, presumably because of what you say: it's not possible. The idea I think now is for the 'adults' to wall themselves off from the diseased children, though again how this will work in practice is anyone's guess.

This terrible government likes to make it all up as we go along, so I don't think it's wise for anyone to make any definite plans.
You never know, boris might announce the night before schools recommences that they cannot open. They did that with the local lockdowns a couple of days ago.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You never know, boris might announce the night before schools recommences that they cannot open. They did that with the local lockdowns a couple of days ago.
He might say something ridiculously offensive and the teachers wildcat strike. *shrug*
phoebehinchleyw1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think we will go back to schools in september but i think they will close a few months in
Geraldthegoat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
november?? I think in the next couple of weeks they might announce that we might no go into school beginning of September and he might delay the start date of the term
Yeah if u go on Sky news they say winter, a lot of other universities etc have announced online schooling next year. So possibly who knows. I know in other countries this has been the case. They haven’t found an actually cure yet or anything so it doesn’t matter the virus will still spread around even when easing the lockdown.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university communicated any last minute changes?

Yes, and they were what I was expecting (9)
17.31%
Yes, and they were not what I was hoping for (14)
26.92%
Yes, and they don't change my view on attending uni (3)
5.77%
No, I haven't received any communication (26)
50%

Watched Threads