The Student Room Group

Do you think schools will open on time in September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reality Check
Well exactly - I agree with all this. I can't see how it's possibly going to work in practice. And what about the LSAs - how in earth do they do their jobs 'socially distanced' from the students? Do we just now dispense altogether with LSAs because we can't work out how to do it properly?!

What a mess.

Imagine prank calling into school say you've tested positive, just to get two weeks off school (and get your class/school shut down).
Original post by Fifty345
this is where the government need to support.

Need to support what?
Reply 42
Original post by gigaberry
Need to support what?

those who cannot attend school, because they are in the high risk category or live with shielded members. the virus is still there, maybe not as much, but it is still there
Reply 43
Imagine prank calling into school say you've tested positive, just to get two weeks off school (and get your class/school shut down).

I imagine the 'world beating test and trace system' will be the one to contact schools, though, of course, they might have to test and trace in their own HQ first: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53465160
Reply 44

bruh

Original post by A.Poet
I imagine the 'world beating test and trace system' will be the one to contact schools, though, of course, they might have to test and trace in their own HQ first: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53465160

pfff world beating, give me a break.
The schools will start at the normal time but the setting and teaching has changed by a lot e.g. we have to be in "bubbles" now
Reply 46
bruh

pfff world beating, give me a break.

Hahaha to be fair I forgot to add :rolleyes: to that post :tongue:
those who cannot attend school, because they are in the high risk category or live with shielded members. the virus is still there, maybe not as much, but it is still there

Probaly. But parents who chose to keep their children at home should be proactive too. Their children will be a year (at least) behind if they rely on the government to do the parenting for them.
Reply 48
Original post by SuperiorPotato
The schools will start at the normal time but the setting and teaching has changed by a lot e.g. we have to be in "bubbles" now

The guidance has suggested staggered start and end times though so I wouldn't even assume schools will start at the normal time.
Reply 49

I mean if they will start in September, or get delayed.
Reply 50
Yes, because otherwise the government is a busted flush
Hello Emir
bruh

I look forward to reading about this in the future. Hope little hooligans are taking note :tongue:

tbh i doubt they will work.In secondary school, we are all going to be in the same area ,making the virus spread more
Original post by A.Poet

PRUs are the same as well. I know of one school where they resorted to a 'you have one chance, misbehave and you're learning from home again' rule and in reality they have no choice, but to do that. None of this is designed to work in practice; the rules have been put together by people who have never set foot in a classroom.

Once again - spot on. You've essentially summed up the wisdom of edutwitter there. As if some Whitehall mandarin has the slightest idea of how any of this might actually work in practice...
Reply 55
Original post by Alessandro.C_27
Hello Emir

hello mate. look who's here
Reply 56
Original post by Reality Check
Once again - spot on. You've essentially summed up the wisdom of edutwitter there. As if some Whitehall mandarin has the slightest idea of how any of this might actually work in practice...

Well let's face it, we all know it won't work and we'll most likely be on remote learning/blended learning at best by October half term.
Reply 57
Original post by A.Poet
Well let's face it, we all know it won't work and we'll most likely be on remote learning/blended learning at best by October half term.

hear hear
I think there is almost a desperation by the government for schools to open. So I think they will but how many children will be there on day one I have no idea. I think some parents will keep children off until they see the new arrangements, and almost no head teacher will impose any fines.

What I don't know is what will be restricted in return for this. I'd shut pubs (not restaurants or cafes) if it had to be something, as it is the easiest restriction to enforce, and means that things will be taken seriously. However, the owner of Weatherspoons is an ardent Brexiteer and so I doubt it will happen. Ideas of restrictions for over 50s stop grandparents from their help in child care and the school run, and of course there are the dirty older men who are dads of young children at that age.
we're back on the 7th but I'm year 13 which probably has something to do with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending