Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

Last year, as a fresher, I got a bursary from Lancaster for £1000 which was broken up into the 3 terms. I think it was for low income but I can't remember.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows if I get this in second year or not? And when I'll get details of it etc?

:woo: Thanks.

(Edit: I think it's this http://www.lancs.ac.uk/ugfinance/bursaries.htm but that suggests it's only for first years? Just wanna check).

ReputationRep:
    yes you get the bursary

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you'll get the full whack like me, providing your house hold income is under 18k I think.

We only get £1005 though each year whereas freshers will get £1315, which is unfair as our tutiton fees go up every single year yet the bursarys don't.

ReputationRep:
    unfair for the university to give you £1000?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanLUFC)
    unfair for the university to give you £1000?
    It is unfair that the amount doesn't rise inline with the tuition fees, which is the reason why it's given in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies x

Also, yeah Luke I get the full whack. Yey, I can eat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke88)
    It is unfair that the amount doesn't rise inline with the tuition fees, which is the reason why it's given in the first place.
    i've been here two years and the tuition fees have remained the same

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fees have gone up this year.

ReputationRep:
    i've been here two years and the tuition fees have remained the same
    Tuition fees have gone up every year since the new fees were introduced in 2006.

2006 - £3000
    2007 - £3070
    2008 - £3145

Your fees have gone up, fact.

ReputationRep:
    ok point taken, i'm still not going to moan about the university giving me money for nothing though, even if the fees are put up by £70 or so, especially when the people who receive the bursary are likely getting their tuition fees paid for by the state and doesn't affect them as of now

ReputationRep:
    ok point taken, i'm still not going to moan about the university giving me money for nothing though, even if the fees are put up by £70 or so, especially when the people who receive the bursary are likely getting their tuition fees paid for by the state and doesn't affect them as of now
    It is a legal requirement that universities offer a busary for households who earn under a certain amount. This is due to the rising cost of tuition fees and I believe that if the university puts up the tution fees, the bursary should also go up too.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.