Weird Periods Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please keep anon or delete.

I have been having periods for over three years now, and not only am i still not having them regularly, but for the last few months they have all been roughly five weeks apart, and recently they have increased to over six weeks apart. I am a virgin, so i have never taken the pill.

At the moment i'm not really complaining about the long gaps because it means i have less periods than most people, but i am concerned about what this strange pattern actually means, e.g. is there something wrong with me? Does this mean i'm going to have trouble if in the future i decide i want a baby?

I have to go and see a doctor in December anyway so i shall ask about this then, but i was wondering if anyone on TSR has the same as me, or has any idea about what could be causing this/what consequences there might be?
thecaterpillar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Has your diet changed at all? This can sometimes have an effect on your periods.

Apart from that I don't know, checking with your doc is a good idea. :]
SuicideCommando
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Mine are always 2 months apart, and not entirely regular, as well.
I've seen a doctor about it, nothing wrong.
xx
haidoreru
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, I had irregular periods for a few years after I started having periods. It's normal for your body to take its time to adjust to changes It's probably nothing to worry about but see a doctor if you're still worried.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by thecaterpillar)
Has your diet changed at all? This can sometimes have an effect on your periods.

Apart from that I don't know, checking with your doc is a good idea. :]
Nope, my diet and weight have hardly changed at all for the duration of the last three years.
.Vengeance.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you considered PCOS? or hyperthyroidism? Both well known for causing periods to be irregular.
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's perfectly normal for the length of your cycle to change gradually over time, it will probably continue to do so for the next 30 years. It is sudden and violent changes that need to be investigated. I am sure that hardly anyone has exactly regular cycles for the whole of their adult life.
Titch89
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A period can be every 28 - 35 days.
dancindiva
Report 10 years ago
I got mine last month, but before that i hadn't got it for like 4 months, and before that probably about another 4 if not more. I'm now waiting to see if i'm going to get it this month now but they've always been so irregular with me.. i first got my period about 3 years ago and i've probably got my period about 10 ish times??
I haven't got it checked out either although i probably should, i dunno?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (234)
27.34%
No (622)
72.66%

Watched Threads