Samuel678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have had this ongoing issue with what to do for months. I have a place to study Management and marketing at Aston. However I live very close and will live at home if I go there. My grades are BBB ( I got them last year). However I do want to move further away but also understand that it is a great uni for that course. I am open to study most courses around business. Could anyone give me suggestions on what unis would be great to look into for clearing...? Thanks.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Samuel678)
I have had this ongoing issue with what to do for months. I have a place to study Management and marketing at Aston. However I live very close and will live at home if I go there. My grades are BBB ( I got them last year). However I do want to move further away but also understand that it is a great uni for that course. I am open to study most courses around business. Could anyone give me suggestions on what unis would be great to look into for clearing...? Thanks.
You don’t have to live at home just because your family lives near to a university. You can apply for accommodation and get the “living away from home” rate of maintenance loan.
Samuel678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
You don’t have to live at home just because your family lives near to a university. You can apply for accommodation and get the “living away from home” rate of maintenance loan.
Thanks for the response. I would like to apply else where but it’s knowing where as I want to be at a decent uni
mike23mike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have a look at the Guardian good uni guide. BBB is equal to 144 UCAS points. That will get you into some decent unis:

York
Swansea
Brunel

You are not far off what Liverpool and Sheffield are asking for (150) so give them a call and see if you can get in via clearing.
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mike23mike)
Have a look at the Guardian good uni guide. BBB is equal to 144 UCAS points. That will get you into some decent unis:

York
Swansea
Brunel

You are not far off what Liverpool and Sheffield are asking for (150) so give them a call and see if you can get in via clearing.
Hi!

Congrats on getting your grades last year, I know it's a big decision deciding which Uni to go to especially when considering leaving home, I felt the same way. Although after moving away to Sheffield I felt I soon got independent and really appreciated having moved away and started living alone! I see someone had mentioned Sheffield Uni here for Business and wanted to jump in to let you know about Sheffields clearing registration incase you are interested I will leave a link so you can register your interest in Business management, the grades are BBB so you are definitely qualified for the course A level wise! From my experience so far Sheffield is a great Uni and the city is well facilitated for students and there's always something to do, Sheffield is a top 100 worldwide University so would look great on your CV after uni. I would recommend trying to visit any of the cities you are interested in to get a feel for the area and see where you feel comfortable as that really helped me. Hope this helps please feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Link to clearing for business: https://clearing.shef.ac.uk/availabl...ilable_for%5D=

Alisha
2nd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
Last edited by University of Sheffield Students; 1 month ago
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Samuel678 :hello:

Moving away from home for University can be a big decision, so to give you a bit more of a feel for Swansea (even if it is through a screen!) I've attached some links you may find interesting.
You can browse our campuses using a virtual tour, and if you'd like to chat to some for our students you can do so using our Ambassador Chat Service - these students are a fountain of knowledge for information on the uni, Swansea as a city and your course of interest!
If you wanted to have a look at our vacancies for clearing you can view the full list here

If you have any questions, I check back on the student room regularly so you can drop us a private message or reply on here.
I'm sure all students will agree when I say wherever you end up, University is what you make of it, and it's always full of adventure!

- Mia
Last edited by Swansea University Enquiries; 1 month ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are number of issues that need to be considered

1 How far away from home do you want to be.
2 What kind of place do you want to live in. A big or small city.
3 Do you want a campus or city environment.

There are any number of places that will accept you on those grades but at this time of year you can only apply to 1.

Have a look at prospectuses and virtual open days and you tube videos online.

Some universities who might accept you on those grades include Cardiff, Swansea, Aberystwyth, UWE, Plymouth, Oxford Brookes, Reading, Royal Holloway, Sussex, East Anglia, Leicester, Keele, Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Liverpool etc
Keele Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

Congratulations on achieving those grades last year!

Here at Keele, there are still spaces available through clearing for Marketing and Business Management which I believe is what you are wanting to study? Our course here at Keele for this was rated in the top 10 for student satisfaction for business studies in the National Student Survey in 2019. Keele is also a beautiful campus based university which has so many benefits!

You can read more about the course that we offer here at Keele by visiting this link - https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/underg...essmanagement/

You may also find our 'Ask a Student' page useful as you will be able to contact student studying similar courses who will be able to share first hand information and experiences with you in order to help you make a decision! This page can be found here - https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/

If you have any more questions about Keele or the course then please don't hesitate to ask me! I will be more than happy to seek the answers for you
Student Roost - Swansea
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck with your decision what ever you decide to do!!! Swansea is a great city and amazing University! Right by the Sea also with close links to the capital Cardiff
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (51)
13.64%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (51)
13.64%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (139)
37.17%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (41)
10.96%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (71)
18.98%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
5.61%

Watched Threads