The Student Room Group

Everyone seems to hate me and find me weird :(

Scroll to see replies

The problem nowadays is that if you are too nice, people take you for granted and walk over you like a doormat. If you are too horrible, then people hate you for it. You have to be in a balance of both.

Also, leave your friendship group, they seem toxic. Make new friends who will appreciate you
Original post by Anonymous
The problem nowadays is that if you are too nice, people take you for granted and walk over you like a doormat. If you are too horrible, then people hate you for it. You have to be in a balance of both.

Also, leave your friendship group, they seem toxic. Make new friends who will appreciate you

Yeah your probably right, thing is im never the try hard overly nice type person I just assumed I could keep being like that but maybe I shouldn’t be as nice when people talk to me.

Oh they left me ages ago don’t worry x
Original post by Anonymous
I know this is long but please please read it as I’m just really struggling at this point:frown: Just for background info I’m 18 and a girl. I’ve just left school and been in college for a year so far. I had such amazing friends for the first 4 years of Highschool and I always had great friends in primary. But people have just started to hate me/avoid me and find me weird and it’s really starting to upset me that people just don’t want involved with me at all. I honestly don’t know why because I’ve hardly ever been in any drama and if I have been 90% of the time it’s been people starting drama with me and being nasty with me. I’m not just saying this to make me look good but I genuinely don’t have a bad bone in my body I’ve always been so supportive to my friends/other people. I don’t know if people just started drama cause they know I won’t say anything cause I’m nice. But like now I’ve commented on girls photos (that I know) saying they look pretty and they just ignore me. There’s this girl who called me weird for requesting to follow her and I just don’t get it I really don’t know what I’ve done wrong:frown: does anyone have any clue as why this could be ?? Like it honestly feels like everyone hates me and thinks I’m so weird. I used to slightly weird (I’d just say not shy/having fun) before but now I’ve stopped cause I just feel like people hate me and think I’m stupid so I don’t know why people still think I’m silly:frown: it hurts so so much, I no longer have any friends apart from people I speak to on social media:frown:((

You can still be assertive and have a solid amount of integrity too. I was that 'Weird Kid' during school/sixth form and now I've just graduated uni having just grown a backbone myself. You can still be nice, but not too nice. In my case, I've learnt to not do anything for people unless they ask for it, smile less and that It's okay to not respond to some people on social media. I still make time/be nice/give advice for those who I keep close to me, I set healthier boundaries with people (because I don't want them walking over me) whilst still remaining honest with everyone. I also let people approach me more now instead of the other way around.

I've already began removing some toxic people from my social media too. Already, I feel much better knowing that I haven't given into people so much and that I've been baited a lot less. I'd suggest binning all the toxic people from your life too - if they don't care about you, why should you make any time for them?

Hope this advice helps.
Original post by Killerpenguin15
You can still be assertive and have a solid amount of integrity too. I was that 'Weird Kid' during school/sixth form and now I've just graduated uni having just grown a backbone myself. You can still be nice, but not too nice. In my case, I've learnt to not do anything for people unless they ask for it, smile less and that It's okay to not respond to some people on social media. I still make time/be nice/give advice for those who I keep close to me, I set healthier boundaries with people (because I don't want them walking over me) whilst still remaining honest with everyone. I also let people approach me more now instead of the other way around.

I've already began removing some toxic people from my social media too. Already, I feel much better knowing that I haven't given into people so much and that I've been baited a lot less. I'd suggest binning all the toxic people from your life too - if they don't care about you, why should you make any time for them?

Hope this advice helps.

This was very helpful thank you! I’m going to do everything you’ve mentioned thanks so so much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending