The Student Room Group

B.A.L.L Events and Promotions Scam????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kenny90210
I have an interview with them at 10am today and I’m scared , After reading all these I don’t even know

Why are you scared? People who will interview you are students, who just came from uni and have been promised god know what. Don’t even waist your time and find somethings else.
this is a Pyramid Scheme by the way when i told them during my interview they said I'm not good for the role and refused to answer my questions i had done my research before hand too there is no base salary its commission only and door to door sales and the events they speak of is actually them standing around attracting people in busy shopping areas
Original post by ed873
Why are you scared? People who will interview you are students, who just came from uni and have been promised god know what. Don’t even waist your time and find somethings else.

I didn’t go through with the interview after all
Original post by eceminos
this is a Pyramid Scheme by the way when i told them during my interview they said I'm not good for the role and refused to answer my questions i had done my research before hand too there is no base salary its commission only and door to door sales and the events they speak of is actually them standing around attracting people in busy shopping areas

Jeez that’s Wack !! They should just tell people that’s what it is in the first place
Reply 44
****!!! Just finished my interview with some sean gooverts after reading your comment even i'm too scared
Just finished my interview. I searched that up, found this thread, and just decided to give you guys a heads-up.
Months ago they used the B.A.L.L logo to make me apply for it.
Hi mate, let me start off by saying fun fact as Ball Events are getting a bad rep so they have now rebranded to Global Capital Direct as of Feb 2021.But Ball Event and now Global Capital Direct is a pyramid scheme basically but tarted up as a ‘training programme’! They offer you no salary but you get paid on what you sold. When I interviewed for them they wanted people to start off by going door to door selling BT Internet packages while wearing high vis BT jackets and carrying BT umbrellas! It was lunacy to do that during the height of a pandemic and lockdown but basically the big boss had organised a regional sales rep for BT to help sell their packages. It’s a cheap way for the BT rep to look good to his own management as it looks like he’s flogging loads of internet deals when everyone else is doing the work. Absolute scam company that is scamming and abusing young innocent fresh out of uni people so start clear of Ball Events and Global Capital Direct
Reply 48
This people are SCAM. Please don’t get fooled . Your hard work and commitment will count for nothing. They are going to use you , miss use you and abuse you.
I got invited to a second interview tomorrow with 24/8 promotions at 7.30 am UK time and that was just one of the many red flags that came up, not to mention countless grammatical errors and spelling mistakes from this Susan person in charge of HR. I mean seriously, I've never seen any HR requesting this ridiculous interview time before in my life. I worked in Digital Marketing before and after researching their social media platforms it just became more and more obvious to me that this company doesn't even have a real digital presence.

The website is so ambiguous and doesn't even specify what service they offer to clients apart from using their "Shell" event photos to raise their identity. No metatag for SEO or whatsoever (and they claimed to be a marketing company 😑 ). Instagram bio is not optimised and the feed is full of motivational posts with people in suits at events around the country. I also noticed that on LinkedIn they keep posting the same job vacancies on repeat almost every day like there are hundreds of positions available which is too odd to perceive. If you go look at another company called Citi&Co you will see that many of the current 24/8 promotions' "CEOs" and employees somehow have been associated with Citi&Co before too. Not to mention how all the employees also label themselves as self-employed on LinkedIn and the written job descriptions on both companies are just identical copy & paste 😂.

I'm so glad I have found this and dodged just right before anything could get worse.
Original post by CocoQueen
I am also in the middle of the interviews. Is it true that the training is unpaid? no base salary?

Is it true that they don't pay to the training?
Original post by Indiestreet
I got invited to a second interview tomorrow with 24/8 promotions at 7.30 am UK time and that was just one of the many red flags that came up, not to mention countless grammatical errors and spelling mistakes from this Susan person in charge of HR. I mean seriously, I've never seen any HR requesting this ridiculous interview time before in my life. I worked in Digital Marketing before and after researching their social media platforms it just became more and more obvious to me that this company doesn't even have a real digital presence.

The website is so ambiguous and doesn't even specify what service they offer to clients apart from using their "Shell" event photos to raise their identity. No metatag for SEO or whatsoever (and they claimed to be a marketing company 😑 ). Instagram bio is not optimised and the feed is full of motivational posts with people in suits at events around the country. I also noticed that on LinkedIn they keep posting the same job vacancies on repeat almost every day like there are hundreds of positions available which is too odd to perceive. If you go look at another company called Citi&Co you will see that many of the current 24/8 promotions' "CEOs" and employees somehow have been associated with Citi&Co before too. Not to mention how all the employees also label themselves as self-employed on LinkedIn and the written job descriptions on both companies are just identical copy & paste 😂.

I'm so glad I have found this and dodged just right before anything could get worse.

I was also in the same recruiting process as you and I am seeing now the thigs that they are saying about this company right now! They invited me for an account executive position but all they kept saying was door-to-door sales and I'm getting suspicious as they were not clear about the wages.
Original post by sousa_almeida
I was also in the same recruiting process as you and I am seeing now the thigs that they are saying about this company right now! They invited me for an account executive position but all they kept saying was door-to-door sales and I'm getting suspicious as they were not clear about the wages.

Yeah I would seriously just turn it down straight away and not waste any more time. The more I'm looking into LinkedIn and other recruitment platforms, the more surprised I got at how many of these direct sales establishments are online and trying to trick young people and fresh grads into these stupids door-to-door roles under the impression of being an " Account Manager".
Reply 53
Hello guysjust wanted to let you know that i think i got a similar situation to yours. company named market ripple. the interview process is exactly the same as you guys described it with the pay also being commission based. I also had to do some induction where i was introduced to some guy and i had to fill out some **** on a laptop. on the signatures, it says a completely different company to who was signing up with: bensons and limited or something like that and all i know is that wasn't the acc company name. so i decided to not give the official signature. did i do the right thing
I believe that we are all so unsure about it, but if you definitely feel that it looks suspicious you should just back off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending