Economics Personal Statement

Watch this thread
dsidi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm applying to economics some unis e.g. UCL, Warwick, but also history and economics at Oxford and Economics + Economic History at LSE.

My PS is mainly going to focus around economic history and development economics, with some references to macroeconomics, and some micro concepts too.

Is it necessary to write about some mathematical concepts and apply them to economics in my PS, as I know that pure econ at Uni is very mathematical? If so, please could you recommend me some topics and/or books that contain a simple introduction to mathematical economics/econometrics to look into?
Jacksey
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dsidi)
I'm applying to economics some unis e.g. UCL, Warwick, but also history and economics at Oxford and Economics + Economic History at LSE.

My PS is mainly going to focus around economic history and development economics, with some references to macroeconomics, and some micro concepts too.

Is it necessary to write about some mathematical concepts and apply them to economics in my PS, as I know that pure econ at Uni is very mathematical? If so, please could you recommend me some topics and/or books that contain a simple introduction to mathematical economics/econometrics to look into?
I'm also thinking about History and Economics at Oxford so am interested in this thread. My personal statement has been mainly history orientated and I'm worried this won't be good enough for Oxford. I'm considering just applying to History at Oxford then History and Economics for my other choices. The 10% acceptance rate for HandE at Oxford as opposed to 27% for History is admittedly a factor in this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (214)
42.46%
The paper was reasonable (218)
43.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (45)
8.93%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed