The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

MathsStudent
Hi i really want to go to king's to study mathematics?

Interestingly phrased question. :p:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Speedbird2008
Interestingly phrased question. :p:

oops sorry when i type really fast i never know what i am saying so half the time it doesn't make sense sorry and thanks for pointing it out i will go and change it
Reply 3
I got 4 As - Maths, Psychology, English Literature and Law, and got an offer for Law.

What did you get? And in what subjects? If you're resitting, then you can put your AS grades as "pending", and try and get predicted As. What are the entrance requirements for maths?
Reply 4
pcok
I got 4 As - Maths, Psychology, English Literature and Law, and got an offer for Law.

What did you get? And in what subjects? If you're resitting, then you can put your AS grades as "pending", and try and get predicted As. What are the entrance requirements for maths?

on UCAS its AAB but i was talking to someone who got in for maths and he said because he had further maths they lowered it to ABB and a pass in one other subject

ermm i got AABBC in maths further maths chemistry history and physics
Reply 5
pcok

wow! well done! bet you chuffed with them!

i got 3 B's and a D so im very happy with that lol and theres room for improvement :biggrin:

dan :biggrin:
Reply 6
dan6613

i got 3 B's and a D so im very happy with that lol and theres room for improvement :biggrin:

do you go to kings?
I got AAAB in English, Psychology, Sociology and Politics :smile:
Reply 8
MathsStudent
on UCAS its AAB but i was talking to someone who got in for maths and he said because he had further maths they lowered it to ABB and a pass in one other subject

ermm i got AABBC in maths further maths chemistry history and physics

They are good grades! And your grades meet the entry requirements anyway!! If you apply with those grades, and try to get predicted all As (persuade your teachers you'll put in loads more work, do all homework, loads of revision and that you know you can do it), then you'll definitely have a good shot at getting an offer!

They are also all great subjects, and very suited for maths. I think the fact that you have history as well is good, because a lot of maths students focus on just the maths/science subjects, so you're showing you have a range of academic strengths.

Definitely go for it! Good luck :smile:
dan6613

Yeah I was really happy with them :smile:

Are your grades AS or A2? Are you applying to King's?
Reply 9
I got AAAC (o and a E in critical thinking - i didnt do the paper really lol)
and i got AABB this year and i got into the management course :smile:
Reply 10
by the way guys is this with or without resits in year 13 things are not really looking up for me
Reply 11
I got AAAAA, no resits. but your results are good, you definately have a shot so apply, it is a really lovely university and from what I have seen they are very flexible with their offers
Reply 12
If you really want to go, and you don't apply, you'll definitely not get in. Always go for what you want (within reason, of course!)
Reply 13
I got abbd in business, maths, psychology and computing. I dropped computing at A2.. and I needed AABb to get into business management, which i got :smile:
My offer for kings for Mathematics (G103 4 yr) was ABB.
I did Maths, further maths and physics and yes your offer does reduce by one grade if you have further maths.

In the end I got AAC and a merit in AEA Mathematics (something extra I did) and I got in. My AAC was equivelant to the offer of ABB.

If your not doing further maths then your offer will be AAB. I suggest you take AEA mathematics as it can do no harm, its an extension like step and it only requires c1-c4 knowledge. It could help convince the admissions tutor if you do miss your offer by one grade.
Reply 15
Just to give you some hope:
I was in your same situation this time last year with disappointing grades, BBBCD, looking to apply for Law at King's (requiring AAAb)

I went ahead

Got my offer

Worked hard

Achieved AAAB

And was awarded my place
:rolleyes:

I would worry more about your predicted grades from your teachers than your AS grades. Make sure they meet your course requirements whatever they may be..
Reply 16
pcok
Are your grades AS or A2? Are you applying to King's?

these are my AS results. Just gone back to 6th form now.
and i dont are my grades good enough??

Reply 17
dan6613
these are my AS results. Just gone back to 6th form now.
and i dont are my grades good enough??

I don't know, what would you want to study? For law my offer was AAAb, however I think my mate had an offer for ABB, but I can't remember what the course was...something to do with human geography.
Reply 18
well if anything i'd do history either single or joint not sure yet.
but i dunno i reakon i could get ABB overal but BBB seems more realistic so maybe not the uni for me :biggrin: lol
good luck for yourself hope you get what you want :biggrin:

I got AAAA in English lit, French, Maths and History and got in for law. I had AAAB at AS. Your AS grades are good and if King's ask for ABB for maths i don't see why you'd have a problem. You might want to just do three A2s though to save some stress!

Latest