The Student Room Group

General Career exams

Before I asked about a specific topic but this question is much more general. There are GCSE's/ A-levels,are there a set of exams that will allow me to get a career in various career fields (philosophy,english,science) without having other degrees? I don't mind if the topics are quite difficult or they may not get me into the highest job in that career but if it will allow me to get into a career field that is fine.My question is quite vague,I am sorry if it is hard to answer.
Business studies?
Original post by Proton3301
Before I asked about a specific topic but this question is much more general. There are GCSE's/ A-levels,are there a set of exams that will allow me to get a career in various career fields (philosophy,english,science) without having other degrees? I don't mind if the topics are quite difficult or they may not get me into the highest job in that career but if it will allow me to get into a career field that is fine.My question is quite vague,I am sorry if it is hard to answer.

No. Degrees do what you are suggesting. Just because you get a degree in English, or a degree in Philosophy, doesn't limit you to working in either English or Philosophy. Apart from a few degrees like medicine, veterinary science, engineering etc, very few degrees are specific about the career they set you up for.

There's no qualification beyond A level that works similarly. Qualifications after that are more career specific. There are some quals that can be used in different industries, like project management, but you need to be working to leverage value out of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending