The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Jadelyndsey
I really hope I get offered this role with DWP, received two rejections from other charity/third sector vacancies this week and my fixed term is ending soon... Job market is also awful out there at the moment!! Keep signing into my civil service account and no updates as of yet... Think we may be in for another couple weeks of waiting but hopefully it's sooner!

I waited just over 5 weeks for the internal vacancy. Not sure if external will attract more applicants but they will literally have hundreds of interviews to watch and score. Given your situation, I hope it is soon and it’s a positive outcome.
I kind of understand the delay with the London applications, I'm sure there were 1000+ posts available, so they'll be sifting through thousands of interviews I'd imagine and that'll take the panel time... but the Glasgow one, surely there can't be that many applicants?! I'd hope not a 5 week wait when only 126 (? I think) roles available
Reply 182
Original post by PlathIsMyBabe
I kind of understand the delay with the London applications, I'm sure there were 1000+ posts available, so they'll be sifting through thousands of interviews I'd imagine and that'll take the panel time... but the Glasgow one, surely there can't be that many applicants?! I'd hope not a 5 week wait when only 126 (? I think) roles available

It all comes down to how many applicants they’ve had. I recently applied for a role in compliance and they had over 2000 applicants for 10 roles
Original post by Jadelyndsey
I really hope I get offered this role with DWP, received two rejections from other charity/third sector vacancies this week and my fixed term is ending soon... Job market is also awful out there at the moment!! Keep signing into my civil service account and no updates as of yet... Think we may be in for another couple weeks of waiting but hopefully it's sooner!

Same, I was made redundant last month so really counting on this one. Fingers crossed for all of us :smile:

Yeah, it was 126 roles and tbh if you think about the amount of people who applied who maybe didn’t pass the judgement and verbal then the ones who didn’t pass the influencing sift I would’ve thought that would’ve narrowed the applicants at interview stage down quite w lot! I’ve been made redundant like many others so feel like there’s a lot at stake and the waiting is killing me 😫. I’ve applied for quite a few jobs and there is just so much competition right now that most of the companies don’t even get back to you to let you know your application is unsuccessful, such a stressful time.
Original post by Pegleg02
Yeah, it was 126 roles and tbh if you think about the amount of people who applied who maybe didn’t pass the judgement and verbal then the ones who didn’t pass the influencing sift I would’ve thought that would’ve narrowed the applicants at interview stage down quite w lot! I’ve been made redundant like many others so feel like there’s a lot at stake and the waiting is killing me 😫. I’ve applied for quite a few jobs and there is just so much competition right now that most of the companies don’t even get back to you to let you know your application is unsuccessful, such a stressful time.

Yeah the unemployment right now is really unnerving... think we're all in a similar boat here counting for a good outcome! Fingers crossed for us all
Reply 186
I applied online end of July and had the interview, still not heard anything and when I check the application it still says status:interview slot booked. But I have already had the interview. Anyone else have this?
Reply 187
Original post by P0ppy1
I applied online end of July and had the interview, still not heard anything and when I check the application it still says status:interview slot booked. But I have already had the interview. Anyone else have this?

Yip it will stay in this status until the results are released
Reply 188
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 189
Original post by Htom25
Anyone heard anything yet?

Nope 😩
I keep checking my emails every hour....just want the results now ☹️

I hope there wasn’t many applicants! Lol. I think we won’t hear this month .. 😒
Has anyone heard back from London yet? :frown:
Just had an email back stating that they are still interviewing for London!!! No timescale on when we may hear.......
Original post by Le1gh82
Just had an email back stating that they are still interviewing for London!!! No timescale on when we may hear.......

Did they not have a certain cut off date? Maybe they have done it in stages.
Another recruitment campaign for Work Coaches in London begins next week.Screenshot_20200903-122622_Samsung Internet.jpg
That is so demoralising to see that they are recruiting again before even finishing this one, do they really need more than 1000 members of staff??!!
Anyone had any updates for the FTA??
Original post by Le1gh82
That is so demoralising to see that they are recruiting again before even finishing this one, do they really need more than 1000 members of staff??!!

Absolutely, especially given the current climate. As well as that they are still rolling out UC.

Online it said they need approximately 2,500 just now.
Second campaign for EO Work Coach have started rolling out. London does not seem to be there yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending