DWP Work Coach Executive Officer Interview

Watch
Lewshee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PrittyVacant)
No I haven’t heard anything either but I also noticed that. Hopefully this means they’re now sifting?
Hi! Just thought I’d let you know they’re sending interviews out now for North East applicants!
PrittyVacant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
Hi! Just thought I’d let you know they’re sending interviews out now for North East applicants!
Just got my interview invite! Eeeek!
Olak
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

Can I repeat some of my examples given on my application at the interview?
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Olak)
Hi guys,

Can I repeat some of my examples given on my application at the interview?
Yes. The interviewers won’t see your application.
PickledEggs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
Have you heard anything yet? I also applied for North East and haven’t heard anything. The feedback and application box has disappeared the jobs portal though.
I applied for North East and got an email today inviting me to do a video interview so hopefully you'll hear very soon too.
Jacksonjaggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please, can someone who has actually done the prerecorded interview tell me how many minutes for the behaviour question please.
Some people are saying 3mins and others saying 5mins, Please...?
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s 3 mins for behaviours and 2 mins fir strengths.
(Original post by Jacksonjaggs)
Please, can someone who has actually done the prerecorded interview tell me how many minutes for the behaviour question please.
Some people are saying 3mins and others saying 5mins, Please...?
Olak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aysha98x)
Its actually 3 mins for the competence and less for strength.
Olak
Rep:
?
A give away as asked:
Tell me of time you have had to make a quick decision?
makkurokurosuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is it 3 minutes for answer and not 2 mins 30 seconds? Someone told me it was 2:30, because 30 seconds is for your preparation when they're not recording you and then you have 2:30 to record. Can someone confirm?
wr72
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by makkurokurosuke)
Is it 3 minutes for answer and not 2 mins 30 seconds? Someone told me it was 2:30, because 30 seconds is for your preparation when they're not recording you and then you have 2:30 to record. Can someone confirm?
I’m sure the prep time is separate from the main answering time. Like I said, it goes past in a flash so I can’t remember 100%
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by makkurokurosuke)
When the behaviour question is asked you have 30 seconds to think. The recording will start after 30 seconds and you have 3 minutes to answer. When the strength question is asked you have 5 seconds to think and 2 minutes to answer.
Also please be aware not everyone has the same questions asked. They have probably pre-recorded multiple interviews and everyone is shown a random recording. You might expect a question someone has told you but get asked something else. Just rehearse your examples and be prepared for as many questions possible.
The questions they will ask you are based on the 3 behaviours they have stated. They will not ask you anything surprising or that may trick you. Just the way they ask the question can be different. For example for Making effective decisions they can ask: ‘how has a decision you have made impacted others?’ Or they may ask simply ‘tell me of a time you have had to make a complex decision?’
Both the questions have the same answer - your example.
Hope it helps and goodluck!
Jacksonjaggs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for your response... 3mins is way too short to hit the competencies in behavioural questions.
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jacksonjaggs)
Thank you for your response... 3mins is way too short to hit the competencies in behavioural questions.
Try making your examples short and straight to the point. As long as they meet the criteria, they’re suitable. I had to cut my examples a lot, and refraining from adding too much detail. Try explaining your behaviour - what you have done and the effect it had as much possible.
Jadelyndsey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
3 mins for behaviours with 30 seconds thinking time, and 2 mins for strengths with 5 seconds thinking time.
Hi all! I have mine booked and planning to complete tomorrow. Just wondering how many examples I should prepare for each behaviour... Are two examples sufficient for each of communication & influencing, managing a quality services, and making effective decisions or will it be that they only ask one/more than two? Any help greatly received
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
Hi all! I have mine booked and planning to complete tomorrow. Just wondering how many examples I should prepare for each behaviour... Are two examples sufficient for each of communication & influencing, managing a quality services, and making effective decisions or will it be that they only ask one/more than two? Any help greatly received
You’re only meant to say 1 example for each behaviour. Focus on 1 example and make sure it meets the behaviour criteria as much as possible. You may have to mix your example up a bit based on the way they ask the question.
PickledEggs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
3 minutes is plenty. I had a live video interview with HMRC (they use the same competency scoring system) and they told me my answers for the behaviour questions should last around 8 minutes. All my answers took around 2 mins 30 secs to 3 mins so I thought I had done dreadfully but I have just been given a provisional offer.

I wouldn't stress about time too much. Just prepare your answers really well and you'll be fine. Good luck!
Olak
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
You will not have enough time to give two examples, stick to one. But you can have two examples in your head but you will need one of them.
Jadelyndsey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re only meant to say 1 example for each behaviour. Focus on 1 example and make sure it meets the behaviour criteria as much as possible. You may have to mix your example up a bit based on the way they ask the question.
Thanks Aysha, I thought so but read some conflicting advice online. I'll stop prepping I think now! Although "Making effective decisions" example feels insufficient, might go back to that tomorrow. It's difficult sometimes to pick apart what you do everyday. When it's an integral part of what you do, you don't consciously think about how you arrive at decisions and you don't always reflect, so found it difficult to try and pick out just one example that highlights how I'm analytical and decisive... Planning to do mine tomorrow afternoon!
wr72
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PickledEggs)
3 minutes is plenty. I had a live video interview with HMRC (they use the same competency scoring system) and they told me my answers for the behaviour questions should last around 8 minutes. All my answers took around 2 mins 30 secs to 3 mins so I thought I had done dreadfully but I have just been given a provisional offer.

I wouldn't stress about time too much. Just prepare your answers really well and you'll be fine. Good luck!
Well done for getting your provisional offer. Which are did you apply for?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (82)
31.06%
Less motivated (182)
68.94%

Watched Threads