Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lewshee)
How many questions are asked in total?
2 cooling down questions that will not be marked
3 behaviour
3 strength
Then you are asked to show your ID and upload it.
Lewshee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you. If your answer doesn’t quite reach 3 minutes/2 minutes, can you stop the recording and move onto the next question?
(Original post by Aysha98x)
8. 2 at the start are not marked and are random
Olak
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yes, you can stop the recording to move to the next question when you are ready. If you spend more than, it will automatically time out to move to the next one.
makkurokurosuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did my interview. I was wondering when will we hear about the results for London intake? The waiting game is so nerve-wracking!
Le1gh82
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by makkurokurosuke)
I did my interview. I was wondering when will we hear about the results for London intake? The waiting game is so nerve-wracking!
Im thinking the same, i hope we dont have to wait too long to hear about London. I think the deadline for interviews is today??!!
Jadelyndsey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am reading so much conflicting information online that I think it's getting to a point where the information is just causing me stress rather than helping haha. I've read in several threads that you should only expand on the examples you provided at application. And I've read elsewhere that in doing so, you risk presenting yourself as having limited knowledge and lived experience...
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
I am reading so much conflicting information online that I think it's getting to a point where the information is just causing me stress rather than helping haha. I've read in several threads that you should only expand on the examples you provided at application. And I've read elsewhere that in doing so, you risk presenting yourself as having limited knowledge and lived experience...
I wouldn’t worry about that. You can use whichever example you want. Whether it’s from your application or a completely new one it doesn’t matter as long as it meets the behaviour criteria and you can explain it properly.
I know this because I work for DWP and have had a lot of help with all this from my managers who sift and interview.
PrittyVacant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jadelyndsey)
I honestly think using an example from your written behaviours is fine. The word count to explain your example in the written part was limited, but think how much more in-depth you could present that example with 3 minutes worth of speech?
makkurokurosuke
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how the scoring works? I know we will be getting 1-7 for behaviours and 1-4 for strengths, however I heard that some of them have weighting applied too? Are the roles offered to people who simply have an overall score of XX? So for example if someone has 5, 5, 6, 6 and 3, 3, 4, 4 and gets 36 as a overall score, will they get an offer if the minimum is 35?
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know how the scoring works? I know we will be getting 1-7 for behaviours and 1-4 for strengths, however I heard that some of them have weighting applied too? Are the roles offered to people who simply have an overall score of XX? So for example if someone has 5, 5, 6, 6 and 3, 3, 4, 4 and gets 36 as a overall score, will they get an offer if the minimum is 35?
If you score less than a 4 on your behaviours, you’re not successful. If you score 4 or more on each behaviour, and at least a 2 on each strength you’ve met the minimum criteria to pass the interview. However recruitment have a right to raise the pass mark if a lot of people have scored high.

DWP apply weighting to the strength scores.
Anisablue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hay

Quick question, do you know what is meant by weighting you the strengths. Why do they do this and what is the effect
I’m on reserve for DWP and they applied two weighting’s and I scored a 6 and a 5 and I don’t understand it
Thanks
makkurokurosuke
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aysha98x)
If you score less than a 4 on your behaviours, you’re not successful. If you score 4 or more on each behaviour, and at least a 2 on each strength you’ve met the minimum criteria to pass the interview. However recruitment have a right to raise the pass mark if a lot of people have scored high.

DWP apply weighting to the strength scores.
Thanks Aysha! Your advice is always very helpful Thank you for taking the time to reply to all of us, always in depth.

Can I ask how is the weighting applied to strength scores? Does that mean that if one does really well on behaviours but a bit worse on strengths, the strengths will overweight the score anyway to one's disadvantage?
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anisablue)
Hay

Quick question, do you know what is meant by weighting you the strengths. Why do they do this and what is the effect
I’m on reserve for DWP and they applied two weighting’s and I scored a 6 and a 5 and I don’t understand it
Thanks
Weightings are used to measure the most important questions of the interview. If all 3 behaviours are 100%. The most important behaviour may be 35% or 40%. More than the other two. So for the WC job I guess it’s communicating and influencing. I definitely know they do weightings for strengths but I think they also do for behaviours
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks Aysha! Your advice is always very helpful Thank you for taking the time to reply to all of us, always in depth.

Can I ask how is the weighting applied to strength scores? Does that mean that if one does really well on behaviours but a bit worse on strengths, the strengths will overweight the score anyway to one's disadvantage?
You’re welcome, and the strengths and behaviours weightings will be separate usually. If you score high on the lead behaviour but lower on the other two it will be better with the weighting applied. The lead behaviour for this job is Communicating and Influencing I think.
Anisablue
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok I think I know what you mean lol
I scored the lowest on the lead behaviours so many exciting the weighting helped
I got 4,5,6,7 -22 behaviours and 14 strengths
The Two separate weighting of 5,6
Total 47/58, I thought that was a really good score but when I spoke to my point of contact to ask where I am on the reserve list I’m posititon 77 which is rubbish I doubt I’ll be getting a offer
Pegleg02
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Has anyone heard back regarding their Glasgow application yet? Feels like I’ve been waiting forever 😭.
Aysha98x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anisablue)
Ok I think I know what you mean lol
I scored the lowest on the lead behaviours so many exciting the weighting helped
I got 4,5,6,7 -22 behaviours and 14 strengths
The Two separate weighting of 5,6
Total 47/58, I thought that was a really good score but when I spoke to my point of contact to ask where I am on the reserve list I’m posititon 77 which is rubbish I doubt I’ll be getting a offer
It’s not impossible however. I would recommend staying on the reserve list. My sister was over 100th position on the reserve list and received an offer recently. Many people back out of the reserve list so your number can lower on the list.
PrittyVacant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pegleg02)
Has anyone heard back regarding their Glasgow application yet? Feels like I’ve been waiting forever 😭.
I really hope you hear back soon Pegleg.. I think it will be this week, as did you say closing date for apps was 20th? That was 5 days after North East and we only heard back on Wednesday or Thursday last week.. So I think yours will be this week. Hold tight - no news is good news!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (82)
31.06%
Less motivated (182)
68.94%

Watched Threads