Anonymous370
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey ,

So, where do I get an AK47 facemask from ?

Is it just me or do people look like zombies with a facemask on ?

Does everyone else just find it inconvenient tbh to have a facemask on ? Annoying... far far off British culture, right ?

Thnx
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Facemasks are a legal requirement in many countries, hundreds in fines if not worn. They prevent the transmission of particulate & aerosol virus elements. Lots still to study, but they are an appropriate response to current threats.

Here’s a reasoned discussion https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ission/614737/

Feeling or science, well, do you feel lucky?
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can’t vent when you’re on a ventilator
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Facemasks are a legal requirement in many countries, hundreds in fines if not worn. They prevent the transmission of particulate & aerosol virus elements. Lots still to study, but they are an appropriate response to current threats.

Here’s a reasoned discussion https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...ission/614737/

Feeling or science, well, do you feel lucky?
but what I don't really get is that at the start/earlier on, WHO said facemasks are ineffective/pointless, now suddenly we're all having to wear them on with public transport/shops etc...:confused:
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by epicnm)
You can’t vent when you’re on a ventilator
Lol .

What I do is cover only my mouth, so in this way I have ventilation via nose ! Nobody has told me I'm doing it wrong yet, so must be working well .
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous370)
Does everyone else just find it inconvenient tbh to have a facemask on ? Annoying... far far off British culture, right ?

Thnx
Were in the middle of a pandemic and your worried about British culture?
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol .

What I do is cover only my mouth, so in this way I have ventilation via nose ! Nobody has told me I'm doing it wrong yet, so must be working well .
hi!

that’s a fine way to wear one, however it isn’t entirely correct.

the face mask should cover both your mouth and nose. this is to prevent the spread of the virus, for example if you cough or sneeze or just breathing in and out.

you can wear it just covering your mouth, yes. however in shops and on public transport you will probably be asked to have it covering your nose as well.

hope this helps!
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I work in healthcare and have to wear it for up to 12 hours. Just wear one and wear it properly, what’s the point in wearing one but leaving out your nose? Stuff like this just annoys me. It’s not a huge ask.
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol .

Yeah well you’re extremely wrong there pal. That’s not the right way to wear a mask.
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol .

Do you realise you inhale/exhale from both your nose and mouth, so you’re defeating the point of wearing it?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol .

Stop being a ****wit.
LuigiMario
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
but what I don't really get is that at the start/earlier on, WHO said facemasks are ineffective/pointless, now suddenly we're all having to wear them on with public transport/shops etc...:confused:
At the start, no-one had enough facemasks for frontline medical staff. I can’t recall what the WHO communication was, but surely the UK communications who filtered the WHO messages were “ineffective/pointless” as someone didn’t want the average person buying up the available masks.

There was “piracy” at airports in the far-east as paid-for aircraft cargo was ‘gazumped’ during the flight and diverted to a richer country. Spooks were active, tracking down the really good masks and other items, testing kits, swabs etc.

The masks are a reasonable strategy, we’ll find out all the fine details in a year or so.
UnwantedKid
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Add a black hoodie to the outfit and it makes it easier to get up to naughty things with being recognised. Don't complain :teehee:
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
lol, good old British culture... how on earth did we get here mate? Ending up with social distancing:eek: etc, can't believe it mate !
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
hi!

that’s a fine way to wear one, however it isn’t entirely correct.

the face mask should cover both your mouth and nose. this is to prevent the spread of the virus, for example if you cough or sneeze or just breathing in and out.

you can wear it just covering your mouth, yes. however in shops and on public transport you will probably be asked to have it covering your nose as well.

hope this helps!
yep, so far nobody has asked me to cover my nose with it yet, for like >2 weeks. So if you feel need to sneeze, then what do you do mate ? Do you take it off, sneeze on your arm and then put it back on or what ?:confused::confused:
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fermion.)
I work in healthcare and have to wear it for up to 12 hours. Just wear one and wear it properly, what’s the point in wearing one but leaving out your nose? Stuff like this just annoys me. It’s not a huge ask.
wooooooooowwwwwwww, omg 12 hours ?:eek: That's crazy ! It must be real tough for you hats off for you for coping etc, that is so not easy I tell ya...
(Original post by Fermion.)
Yeah well you’re extremely wrong there pal. That’s not the right way to wear a mask.
how do you breathe then ? Like breathing needed for ventilation, right ? Also, if you block out nose as such, and if breathed via mouth, then isn't there like a bacteria germs build up ?
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by epicnm)
Do you realise you inhale/exhale from both your nose and mouth, so you’re defeating the point of wearing it?
well I mean "only" 50% defeated in a sense, right ? How do you breathe then with a nose also covered ? :confused:
Anonymous370
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
X.
wow
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
how do you breathe then ? Like breathing needed for ventilation, right ? Also, if you block out nose as such, and if breathed via mouth, then isn't there like a bacteria germs build up ?
A face mask doesn't stop you breathing.
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well I mean "only" 50% defeated in a sense, right ? How do you breathe then with a nose also covered ? :confused:
You aren't wearing a latex mask, it's cloth and breathable.The whole point is to stop people from breathing your droplets, if you are still spitting out droplets like a garden sprinkler then what's the point? You are endangering everyone around you.
galkinvladis
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
LOL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.65%
No (181)
78.35%

Watched Threads