Career Survey Websites? Watch

hiyaguys
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
does anyone know any?
like websites that help you decide what career path to take, because i really have no idea what i want to do
thaaanks
cascadingstylez
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hiyaguys)
does anyone know any?
like websites that help you decide what career path to take, because i really have no idea what i want to do
thaaanks
Seriously, do not let a computer dictate your path in life. Sit down and hard think about what you enjoy and work on from there.

Write a list of the things you enjoy doing. For me it would be computers, music, graffiti and reading.

From that list I could do computer programming, music production, legal graffiti art/general art or study english litrature. I have done everything apart from the last one and decided to do something with computers as thats where the passion in me lies.

Some people like animals and go onto be vets. Some people like helping people in need, especially young people, and go on to be drug workers or youth workers or social workers.

There is lots you can do. I know computers generally use the same concept but it would be better if you could say "I chose my path in life" and not a computer.

Thats my 2 cents.
magic_unicorn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I was in secondary school, I absolutely loved animals, used to watch any TV shows centered around animals.
We got told to go on this little test program thing which would ask you simple questions like. Do you like being outdoors? Do you like hands on work? Would you be ok working with animals? All of which I said yes to. But I had a thought of being a vet or something in my mind, so was expecting that.

Then the results came up and said, possible careers: Butcher!

So I can't say career personality tests have really done me justice.

Now I don't want to be a vet, because I'd get to attatched to animals.
But have gone down a completely different route into arts and media, which I'm not even sure I want to do.

Recently took another test, on prospects site, came up with inconclusive results!

So I'm totally puzzled!!!! Might just have a few random jobs and go travelling and basically see where that leads me!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads