Clearing and student finance in other UK countries

Watch
Papierkowy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I was wondering how does clearing and student finance work in other UK countries. Both my firm and insurance are in England so I applied for studnet finance with Student Finance England. If I get a place at an (northern) Irish, Scottish or a Welsh uni trough clearing will I have to apply agian for student finance at the respective country or is there a process that can streamline this?
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Papierkowy)
Hi. I was wondering how does clearing and student finance work in other UK countries. Both my firm and insurance are in England so I applied for studnet finance with Student Finance England. If I get a place at an (northern) Irish, Scottish or a Welsh uni trough clearing will I have to apply agian for student finance at the respective country or is there a process that can streamline this?
Because you live in England you still go through SFE regardless of which part of the UK you end up studying in. Make sure though that if you do end up changing courses in clearing that you log onto SFE and change your university .
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your finance would still be with SFE, clearing would be the same process through Ucas.
Papierkowy
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Your finance would still be with SFE, clearing would be the same process through Ucas.
So if I secured the tuition loan and maintenance loan with SFE I can still get to a Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish uni through clearing and get the student finance?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So if I secured the tuition loan and maintenance loan with SFE I can still get to a Welsh/Scottish/Northern Irish uni through clearing and get the student finance?
yes, you would just need to change the university and course details on your SFE account.
Papierkowy
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
yes, you would just need to change the university and course details on your SFE account.
Thank You!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (315)
84%
No (60)
16%

Watched Threads