vs.

Nottingham - Industrial economics

vs.

Manchester - Economics (BA)

vs.

Exeter - Business economics

vs

Cass business school - Finance

I'm really interested to see how reputable and employable a degree from cass would be because I have read a lot of misinformation and bad mouth about Cass.
Reply 1
Cass>Nottingham>Exeter>Manchester

All semi-targets so going to any of these would give you a chance of making it. However, equally important are extra curriculars, experience and performance at interview. Ultimately you could get a first from Oxbridge/LSE but if you don't have the right personality and experience where you go to uni doesn't really matter as they won't hire you.
Cass gets a lot of slack on this STR, a lot of it is people just being snobby and looking down on it as its not a 'traditional university' and to make people feel better about their own failures to secure internships, grad roles etc. Cass is my insurance (LSE firm) and there is something on their website about graduate destinations for IFRM and at least half of the cohort made it into FO.
Original post by hazzapem
Cass>Nottingham>Exeter>Manchester

All semi-targets so going to any of these would give you a chance of making it. However, equally important are extra curriculars, experience and performance at interview. Ultimately you could get a first from Oxbridge/LSE but if you don't have the right personality and experience where you go to uni doesn't really matter as they won't hire you.
Cass gets a lot of slack on this STR, a lot of it is people just being snobby and looking down on it as its not a 'traditional university' and to make people feel better about their own failures to secure internships, grad roles etc. Cass is my insurance (LSE firm) and there is something on their website about graduate destinations for IFRM and at least half of the cohort made it into FO.

If I were to put Cass as an insurance too, which course: The finance course or the investment and financial risk management?
Reply 3
Original post by idkwhatodo0
If I were to put Cass as an insurance too, which course: The finance course or the investment and financial risk management?

Investment and Financial Risk Management is my insurance and seems to be the best bet according to the grad destinations. All three finance degrees are taught together in the first year so you could always change. But imo stay away from the Banking & International Finance course as it doesn't seem too respectable like what even is a degree in banking?
they're all about the same tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending