The Student Room Group

Normalising breastfeeding - your opinions on celebrity social media posts

1st to 7th August 2020 is World Breastfeeding Week, with this year's theme being about supporting women who choose to breastfeed. Breastfeeding can be quite a controversial topic, so here on TSR we wanted to have some open, friendly discussions about opinions on breastfeeding.

What do you think about celebrities who post photos or statements about breastfeeding? Is it a good way to raise awareness?

Some celebrities (e.g. Myleene Klass) have been using their social media platforms to raise awareness about the reality of breastfeeding in an attempt to make it more normal. Loads of women are made to feel ashamed to breastfeed their children, which is quite shocking in this day and age. Do you think that these posts are a positive influence for breastfeeding mothers? Or do you think it's something that shouldn't be seen on social media?

REMINDER:

Spoiler

Original post by DrawTheLine
1st to 7th August 2020 is World Breastfeeding Week, with this year's theme being about supporting women who choose to breastfeed. Breastfeeding can be quite a controversial topic, so here on TSR we wanted to have some open, friendly discussions about opinions on breastfeeding.

What do you think about celebrities who post photos or statements about breastfeeding? Is it a good way to raise awareness?

Some celebrities (e.g. Myleene Klass) have been using their social media platforms to raise awareness about the reality of breastfeeding in an attempt to make it more normal. Loads of women are made to feel ashamed to breastfeed their children, which is quite shocking in this day and age. Do you think that these posts are a positive influence for breastfeeding mothers? Or do you think it's something that shouldn't be seen on social media?

REMINDER:

Spoiler

i think it's a good thing, I think people should be able to freely choose how they feed their baby and not be ashamed of it, I feel bad when I see people beat themselves up because breastfeeding doesn't work out for them or getting shamed for not breastfeeding for whatever reason and people sharing difficult parts of parenting on social media including feeding is a great thing.

Quick Reply

Latest