Should we close pubs?

Watch
YourClassLiberal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sturgeon said today that the Scottish Government is seriously considering closing pubs due to distressing scenes that made Sturgeon ‘want to cry’ (no social distancing). This is also in response to at least 13 cases being traced to a pub in Aberdeen. Do you think that they should be closed?
thagirlhanna
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes pubs should be closed. It was ridiculous to even consider reopening in the first place!
It's not like the virus doesn't exist and it's just making the situation far worse with the minimal precautions.

:hand:
HumanofCyber
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All the edl members are going to have a spasm and probably blame the BAME community. That’s what they normally do
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes
thagirlhanna
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
No
From your profile picture i can imagine you screaming ''NO!!!''

:lol:
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no way
username5177602
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, especially in areas where you can't go into each other's houses, but can go somewhere to get into a state where social distancing is outright difficult.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
absolutely
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think pubs should be subject to spot checks (much like restaurant hygiene) to ensure people are sticking to guidelines. Those unable to encourage their customers to do so should be closed. The rest can stay open.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumanofCyber)
All the edl members are going to have a spasm and probably blame the BAME community. That’s what they normally do
Dont the BAME blame everyone else?
HumanofCyber
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
How so ?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup, it's not working, so say several bar managers & chargehands I know, infections are soaring.

(Why would Scotland give 2 tugs what the EDL think about anything? They're not welcome here at best of times )
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Neilos)
I think pubs should be subject to spot checks (much like restaurant hygiene) to ensure people are sticking to guidelines. Those unable to encourage their customers to do so should be closed. The rest can stay open.
Who would spot check them?

The Gov't already claimed the HSE would be doing all these checks and inspections..and then looked a bit dishonest when the HSE turned round saying it was the first they'd heard of it and all inspections were suspended due to obvious virus worries. Who else is there? contact tracers and busybodies who know even less about keeping pubs safe/clean? :confused:
Thunderburg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I couldn't care less about pubs closing, as I rarely go in them and drink more at home.
parmezanne
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
interested to see where this one goes...
HumanofCyber
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yzanne)
interested to see where this one goes...
It won’t go far
JosephCiderBwoy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by YourClassLiberal)
Sturgeon said today that the Scottish Government is seriously considering closing pubs due to distressing scenes that made Sturgeon ‘want to cry’ (no social distancing). This is also in response to at least 13 cases being traced to a pub in Aberdeen. Do you think that they should be closed?
Yes. The virus is still spreading like it has been this whole time, it's just that thousands of people got it and survived, being either symptomatic or asymptomatic. It may seem less serious now, but it's not. Eventually, everyone will get it, which means more deaths to come, unfortunately.
I think seeing your friends is okay as long as you are socially distancing and you're only seeing the same friends, e.g. I interact with 3 small circles of friends from time to time, and we stick to the same environments. We're all staying alert and wearing masks in public.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I'm have dinner at the pub tomorrow.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
How so ?
Wiley blaming Jews.
Mayor of Blackburn blaming the lockdown upon systematic racism.
Marchers in Brixton claiming compensation for slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads