The Student Room Group

Should we close pubs?

Sturgeon said today that the Scottish Government is seriously considering closing pubs due to distressing scenes that made Sturgeon ‘want to cry’ (no social distancing). This is also in response to at least 13 cases being traced to a pub in Aberdeen. Do you think that they should be closed?

Scroll to see replies

Yes pubs should be closed. It was ridiculous to even consider reopening in the first place!
It's not like the virus doesn't exist and it's just making the situation far worse with the minimal precautions.

:hand:
All the edl members are going to have a spasm and probably blame the BAME community. That’s what they normally do
Reply 3
No
yes
Original post by gjd800
No

From your profile picture i can imagine you screaming ''NO!!!''

:lol:
Reply 6
no way
absolutely
Reply 8
I think pubs should be subject to spot checks (much like restaurant hygiene) to ensure people are sticking to guidelines. Those unable to encourage their customers to do so should be closed. The rest can stay open.
Original post by HumanofCyber
All the edl members are going to have a spasm and probably blame the BAME community. That’s what they normally do

Dont the BAME blame everyone else?
Original post by 999tigger

How so ?
Yup, it's not working, so say several bar managers & chargehands I know, infections are soaring.

(Why would Scotland give 2 tugs what the EDL think about anything? They're not welcome here at best of times :tongue: )
Original post by Neilos
I think pubs should be subject to spot checks (much like restaurant hygiene) to ensure people are sticking to guidelines. Those unable to encourage their customers to do so should be closed. The rest can stay open.

Who would spot check them?

The Gov't already claimed the HSE would be doing all these checks and inspections..and then looked a bit dishonest when the HSE turned round saying it was the first they'd heard of it and all inspections were suspended due to obvious virus worries. Who else is there? contact tracers and busybodies who know even less about keeping pubs safe/clean? :confused:
I couldn't care less about pubs closing, as I rarely go in them and drink more at home.

interested to see where this one goes...
Original post by yzanne
interested to see where this one goes...

It won’t go far
Original post by YourClassLiberal
Sturgeon said today that the Scottish Government is seriously considering closing pubs due to distressing scenes that made Sturgeon ‘want to cry’ (no social distancing). This is also in response to at least 13 cases being traced to a pub in Aberdeen. Do you think that they should be closed?

Yes. The virus is still spreading like it has been this whole time, it's just that thousands of people got it and survived, being either symptomatic or asymptomatic. It may seem less serious now, but it's not. Eventually, everyone will get it, which means more deaths to come, unfortunately.
I think seeing your friends is okay as long as you are socially distancing and you're only seeing the same friends, e.g. I interact with 3 small circles of friends from time to time, and we stick to the same environments. We're all staying alert and wearing masks in public.
No, I'm have dinner at the pub tomorrow.
How so ?

Wiley blaming Jews.
Mayor of Blackburn blaming the lockdown upon systematic racism.
Marchers in Brixton claiming compensation for slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.
Wiley blaming Jews.
Mayor of Blackburn blaming the lockdown upon systematic racism.
Marchers in Brixton claiming compensation for slavery that happened hundreds of years ago.

Wiley did not blame Jews as a whole, he was trying to blame his manger who was Jewish that guy who stole thousands of pounds from Wiley, his manger has Wiley MBE, Wiley was angry about that, another thing explain to me how and what was said that deemed Wiley’s tweet racist, ...”Israel is not yours, hold that”..., a simple history lesson will provide you with the answer that the country known as “Israel” is not yours as Wiley implies. He said that Jew’s control the world which is controversy, but the guy’s got a point, every time the Labour Party (FYI I don’t support them) commented on the situation of violation of humanitarian crisis( where 28 Palestinians were killed including 10 children, ill-treatment of detainees and 900 Palestinians houses demolished within the west banks amongst other things), the Jew community replied by saying Corbyn is anti-Semitic and so is the labor party.

I shall continue in a couple of hours😊

Quick Reply

Latest