xavana.studies
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm hoping to expand my research for a politics essay about 'general ideology'. I know this is vague, so I'm approaching this question from a left/right, idealist/materialist stance.
I'd really appreciate any info on your favoured 'side' and why you feel as though it's 'better' than the opposite.
Thanks for the help, it's been quite challenging to get external opinion lately
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am usually a fan of balance. Both sides are needed so the over doesn’t become too extreme, and we can keep a balance. I tend to be more towards the left due to my views on the environment and helping others less fortunate than ourselves, but I appreciate that both sides are needed for the greatest success

Personality profiles might also be a good addition. Mine is INFJ if you were curious
Last edited by Moonbow; 1 month ago
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xavana.studies)
I'm hoping to expand my research for a politics essay about 'general ideology'. I know this is vague, so I'm approaching this question from a left/right, idealist/materialist stance.
I'd really appreciate any info on your favoured 'side' and why you feel as though it's 'better' than the opposite.
Thanks for the help, it's been quite challenging to get external opinion lately
The right for economic issues. The left for social issues. So I'm probably in the middle.
howisladypole
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm similar to the previous poster. Economically I'm right wing but socially I'm liberal. I consider myself a centrist, but leaning very vaguely right wing.
xavana.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moonbow)
I am usually a fan of balance. Both sides are needed so the over doesn’t become too extreme, and we can keep a balance. I tend to be more towards the left due to my views on the environment and helping others less fortunate than ourselves, but I appreciate that both sides are needed for the greatest success

Personality profiles might also be a good addition. Mine is INFJ if you were curious
Thanks for the reply, this will definitely help! I'm ENFP btw, but I genuinely have no idea what this means... I was 'forced' to make an account and now I get regular emails about my personality with a long list of articles that I might be interested in. Is there any chance that you could fill me in?
xavana.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
The right for economic issues. The left for social issues. So I'm probably in the middle.
Thanks for the response, this view has actually surfaced quite frequently in polls and previous research.
If you have the time, I'd be interested in your view of the Green New Deal. How would this impact your view of the Greens, and their choice to adopt the deal as a central part of their manifesto?
One quick addition, do you believe that it's possible to create a state that adopts rightist economic stances with a leftist social care system?

Thanks again for your reply, this will definitely help the essay
YourChildish
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
right
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xavana.studies)
Thanks for the response, this view has actually surfaced quite frequently in polls and previous research.
If you have the time, I'd be interested in your view of the Green New Deal. How would this impact your view of the Greens, and their choice to adopt the deal as a central part of their manifesto?
One quick addition, do you believe that it's possible to create a state that adopts rightist economic stances with a leftist social care system?

Thanks again for your reply, this will definitely help the essay
The Green New Deal is stupid economically. It changes the economy too fast, meaning that many people will be left behind. The best progress towards a greener world is a slow one. And yes, it is possible to create a state that adopts rightist economic stances with a leftist social care system.
xavana.studies
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gundabad(good))
The Green New Deal is stupid economically. It changes the economy too fast, meaning that many people will be left behind. The best progress towards a greener world is a slow one. And yes, it is possible to create a state that adopts rightist economic stances with a leftist social care system.
Thanks for the insight, this will help to progress my essay
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't vote. Electoralism is a con that actively resists any attempts by the public to change the world, draining your time away from actual effective projects to legitimise rule by bureaucrats, and if you elect someone who promises actual change, the system will scorch the earth to stop them. If you believe in anything then mutual aid groups and direct action/organising is the only way
seedee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Both parties have a structural obligation to serve the same economic interests and have abandoned class issues decades ago, so I might as well just stay home and masturbate on election day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.49%
No (274)
78.51%

Watched Threads